Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Texas State has fired head coach Doug Davalos, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com.
Davalos had been the head coach of the Bobcats since 2006, when he took over a program that was coming off of a three win season and was dealing with all kinds of APR issues. He improved the program, getting to .500 in 2010-2011 and winning a share of the Southland’s Western Division title, but the success didn’t last.
Davalos was just 13-17 last year and dropped to 12-22 this past season, the first as a member of the WAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)