Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Texas State has fired head coach Doug Davalos, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com.
Davalos had been the head coach of the Bobcats since 2006, when he took over a program that was coming off of a three win season and was dealing with all kinds of APR issues. He improved the program, getting to .500 in 2010-2011 and winning a share of the Southland’s Western Division title, but the success didn’t last.
Davalos was just 13-17 last year and dropped to 12-22 this past season, the first as a member of the WAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)