Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Texas State has fired head coach Doug Davalos, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com.
Davalos had been the head coach of the Bobcats since 2006, when he took over a program that was coming off of a three win season and was dealing with all kinds of APR issues. He improved the program, getting to .500 in 2010-2011 and winning a share of the Southland’s Western Division title, but the success didn’t last.
Davalos was just 13-17 last year and dropped to 12-22 this past season, the first as a member of the WAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)