Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Texas State has fired head coach Doug Davalos, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com.
Davalos had been the head coach of the Bobcats since 2006, when he took over a program that was coming off of a three win season and was dealing with all kinds of APR issues. He improved the program, getting to .500 in 2010-2011 and winning a share of the Southland’s Western Division title, but the success didn’t last.
Davalos was just 13-17 last year and dropped to 12-22 this past season, the first as a member of the WAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)