Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Texas State has fired head coach Doug Davalos, according to a report from Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com.
Davalos had been the head coach of the Bobcats since 2006, when he took over a program that was coming off of a three win season and was dealing with all kinds of APR issues. He improved the program, getting to .500 in 2010-2011 and winning a share of the Southland’s Western Division title, but the success didn’t last.
Davalos was just 13-17 last year and dropped to 12-22 this past season, the first as a member of the WAC.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)