Mar 18, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
St. Louis had a pretty solid week in Brooklyn this weekend. The Billikens locked up the automatic bid out of the Atlantic 10 by beating VCU in the finals, capping a great run for interim coach Jim Crews who should no doubt get the interim tag dropped from his title as a result.
Then, in the only snag of the week, the team bus caught some traffic on the way to the airport and it could’ve meant the team wouldn’t get the honor of watching themselves pop up on the screen and announce their seed.
So what does any good team do? They improvise. By that, I mean they stopped at a Best Buy and camped out in the entertainment center to watch the action.
I mean, it’s one thing to watch it. It’s another to watch it in a place where the public can watch you watch it.
Major kudos to Crews and the Billikens for making an in-game adjustment. It’s something they’ve been great at all season, so why should we expect any different now?
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)