Mar 18, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
St. Louis had a pretty solid week in Brooklyn this weekend. The Billikens locked up the automatic bid out of the Atlantic 10 by beating VCU in the finals, capping a great run for interim coach Jim Crews who should no doubt get the interim tag dropped from his title as a result.
Then, in the only snag of the week, the team bus caught some traffic on the way to the airport and it could’ve meant the team wouldn’t get the honor of watching themselves pop up on the screen and announce their seed.
So what does any good team do? They improvise. By that, I mean they stopped at a Best Buy and camped out in the entertainment center to watch the action.
I mean, it’s one thing to watch it. It’s another to watch it in a place where the public can watch you watch it.
Major kudos to Crews and the Billikens for making an in-game adjustment. It’s something they’ve been great at all season, so why should we expect any different now?
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)