Mar 20, 2013, 5:32 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Chattanooga is parting ways with its head coach of nine seasons, John Shulman, after a 13-19 season and first round exit from the SoCon tournament, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
During his nine seasons with the team, he amassed an overall record of 145-146, including trips to the NCAA tournament in 2005 and 2009. Chattanooga finished 8-10 in the league play this season and lost to 9-22 UNC Greensboro in the first round of the conference tournament. The last winning season for the was in 2009, the same season that they last made the Big Dance.
According to the report, Chattanooga will not move forward with hiring a new coach until it hires a new athletic director.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 12
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)