Mar 20, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Chattanooga is parting ways with its head coach of nine seasons, John Shulman, after a 13-19 season and first round exit from the SoCon tournament, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
During his nine seasons with the team, he amassed an overall record of 145-146, including trips to the NCAA tournament in 2005 and 2009. Chattanooga finished 8-10 in the league play this season and lost to 9-22 UNC Greensboro in the first round of the conference tournament. The last winning season for the was in 2009, the same season that they last made the Big Dance.
According to the report, Chattanooga will not move forward with hiring a new coach until it hires a new athletic director.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)