Mar 20, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Chattanooga is parting ways with its head coach of nine seasons, John Shulman, after a 13-19 season and first round exit from the SoCon tournament, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
During his nine seasons with the team, he amassed an overall record of 145-146, including trips to the NCAA tournament in 2005 and 2009. Chattanooga finished 8-10 in the league play this season and lost to 9-22 UNC Greensboro in the first round of the conference tournament. The last winning season for the was in 2009, the same season that they last made the Big Dance.
According to the report, Chattanooga will not move forward with hiring a new coach until it hires a new athletic director.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1