Mar 20, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Chattanooga is parting ways with its head coach of nine seasons, John Shulman, after a 13-19 season and first round exit from the SoCon tournament, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
During his nine seasons with the team, he amassed an overall record of 145-146, including trips to the NCAA tournament in 2005 and 2009. Chattanooga finished 8-10 in the league play this season and lost to 9-22 UNC Greensboro in the first round of the conference tournament. The last winning season for the was in 2009, the same season that they last made the Big Dance.
According to the report, Chattanooga will not move forward with hiring a new coach until it hires a new athletic director.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 1
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 6
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 5
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ (6)