Mar 20, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Chattanooga is parting ways with its head coach of nine seasons, John Shulman, after a 13-19 season and first round exit from the SoCon tournament, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
During his nine seasons with the team, he amassed an overall record of 145-146, including trips to the NCAA tournament in 2005 and 2009. Chattanooga finished 8-10 in the league play this season and lost to 9-22 UNC Greensboro in the first round of the conference tournament. The last winning season for the was in 2009, the same season that they last made the Big Dance.
According to the report, Chattanooga will not move forward with hiring a new coach until it hires a new athletic director.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)