Mar 20, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Reggie Witherspoon went 197-225 in his 14 seasons as the head coach at Buffalo. But, upon his release, he decided to have a press conference in his home to explain his situation and was pretty candid about his time with the program. He touched on the problem of underfunding, among other things, all from somewhere within his personal living space.
Perhaps it’s one of the less fancy ways we’ve seen a coach go out, but also one of the more unique:
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 0
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)