Mar 20, 2013, 6:38 PM EST
The Mountain West has reached a deal with ESPN to make the network a television rights holder for conference football and basketball games, the league announced Wednesday.
According to the release, ESPN will now become a part of the deal that keeps CBS Sports as the primary rights holder. The deal runs through the 2019-20 season:
As part of this new agreement, CBS Sports Network and ESPN will alternate game selections (after initial picks by CBSSN) in football and men’s basketball with ESPN controlling the rights to Boise State home football games. CBS Sports Network retains the rights to Bronco road football contests.
“The Mountain West looks forward to rejoining the ESPN networks beginning with our 15th season this fall,” Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson said in a statement. “Coupled with CBS Sports Network, we anticipate tremendous national exposure over several outlets as the league continues its growth and development.”
This basketball season, the Mountain West was one of the most competitive leagues in the country and sent five of its nine teams to the NCAA tournament. The new agreement will televise up to 44 football and 56 basketball games between the networks’ different platforms. Financial terms of the agreement were not made available.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 0
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)