Mar 20, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
The Mountain West has reached a deal with ESPN to make the network a television rights holder for conference football and basketball games, the league announced Wednesday.
According to the release, ESPN will now become a part of the deal that keeps CBS Sports as the primary rights holder. The deal runs through the 2019-20 season:
As part of this new agreement, CBS Sports Network and ESPN will alternate game selections (after initial picks by CBSSN) in football and men’s basketball with ESPN controlling the rights to Boise State home football games. CBS Sports Network retains the rights to Bronco road football contests.
“The Mountain West looks forward to rejoining the ESPN networks beginning with our 15th season this fall,” Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson said in a statement. “Coupled with CBS Sports Network, we anticipate tremendous national exposure over several outlets as the league continues its growth and development.”
This basketball season, the Mountain West was one of the most competitive leagues in the country and sent five of its nine teams to the NCAA tournament. The new agreement will televise up to 44 football and 56 basketball games between the networks’ different platforms. Financial terms of the agreement were not made available.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)