Mar 20, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
The Mountain West has reached a deal with ESPN to make the network a television rights holder for conference football and basketball games, the league announced Wednesday.
According to the release, ESPN will now become a part of the deal that keeps CBS Sports as the primary rights holder. The deal runs through the 2019-20 season:
As part of this new agreement, CBS Sports Network and ESPN will alternate game selections (after initial picks by CBSSN) in football and men’s basketball with ESPN controlling the rights to Boise State home football games. CBS Sports Network retains the rights to Bronco road football contests.
“The Mountain West looks forward to rejoining the ESPN networks beginning with our 15th season this fall,” Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson said in a statement. “Coupled with CBS Sports Network, we anticipate tremendous national exposure over several outlets as the league continues its growth and development.”
This basketball season, the Mountain West was one of the most competitive leagues in the country and sent five of its nine teams to the NCAA tournament. The new agreement will televise up to 44 football and 56 basketball games between the networks’ different platforms. Financial terms of the agreement were not made available.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)