Mar 20, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Game of the Day: No. 13 La Salle vs. No. 13 Boise State (9:10 p.m. ET, truTV)
Boise State powered through arguably the nation’s best conference this side of the Big Ten with a 21-9 record, including 9-7 in the league. Now we will see if there is an “SEC football” effect. What’s that? The Mountain West has been pummeling its own teams in conference play for the last two months and change, but once they face outside competition, will they prove to be better than many?
La Salle is in a similar spot. The Atlantic 10 was one of the most competitive mid-major conferences, enough so even that VCU coach Shaka Smart took time out of the press conference after his team’s loss to Saint Louis to speak to its quality. This is the centerpiece of Wednesday night, with both teams finding different but equally difficult paths to the Dance.
Get more on La Salle vs. Boise State in a video here from CSNPhilly.com.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Day: No. 16 LIU Brooklyn vs. No. 16 James Madison (6:40 p.m. ET, truTV)
LIU Brooklyn is one of the highest-scoring teams in the nation. The problem is, for as well as it produces offensively, it is equally offensive on the defensive end. LIU would prefer a track meet, somewhere in the scoring range of the 80s or even 90s. It will be James Madison’s job to either keep up scoring or slow down the pace to limit LIU’s offensive output.
JMU will be without Rayshawn Goins for the first half of Wednesday’s game after he was arrested over the weekend. LIU’s C.J. Garner, Jamal Olasewere, and Jason Brickman will all try to push the tempo and get a lead before Goins is able to get into the game.
NCAA Tournament First Four
LIU Brooklyn vs. James Madison (6:40 p.m. ET, truTV)
No. 13 La Salle vs. No. 13 Boise State (9:10 p.m. ET, truTV)
Other Notable Games (NIT)
Indiana State vs. Iowa (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2)
Stony Brook vs. Massachusetts (7:15 p.m. ET, ESPN3)
Charlotte vs. Providence (7:15 p.m. ET, ESPN3)
Mercer vs. Tennessee (8:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Long Beach State vs. Baylor (9:00 p.m. ET, ESPN2)
Charleston Southern vs. Southern Miss (9:15 p.m. ET, ESPN3)
Detroit vs. Arizona State (10:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)