Mar 20, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
President Obama is riding with the Hoosiers.
As has become his annual tradition, the self-proclaimed basketball junkie made his bracket picks public, and he’s taking the Hoosiers to win it all. (He must follow me on twitter. I should drop some hints about how to reduce the budget deficit.)
This may actually be a curse for Indiana, as Obama hasn’t correctly picked the tournament champion since 2009, when North Carolina won it all. He even missed on Kentucky last season.
The rest of the Commander-in-Chief’s Final Four looks like this: Ohio State in the West, Louisville in the Midwest and Florida in the South. DC’s about as liberal as it gets, but I’m not sure how the city will feel about him picking against the hometown Hoyas.
On the women’s side, Obama selected Baylor, California, UConn and Notre Dame to advance to New Orleans. Baylor, UConn and Notre Dame are all No. 1 seeds and California is a No. 2 seed. (View the full tournament here.)
At the end of the day, I’m not too concerned about the accuracy of Obama’s picks.
He should be spending his time monitoring the escalating situation with a nuclear North Korea instead of easing the tensions between John Calipari and Tom Crean.
His full bracket can be seen below:
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 2
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)