Mar 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Perhaps LeBron James has better things to do than pick an NCAA tournament bracket, namely dropping a triple-double and leading his Miami team from 27 points down in the third quarter Wednesday against Cleveland to extend the Heat’s winning streak to 24 games. But few can resist getting in on the madness at least a little bit.
According to the Associated Press, James like many others sees this field of 68 as more or less wide open, prone to upsets, and difficult to predict.
“Everyone has a chance to win it,” James said when asked who would win in Atlanta. “Everyone.”
“There’s always going to be one sleeper,” James said. “There’s always going to be a VCU or a Butler or Norfolk State that’s going to be out there in the Elite Eight. We’ll see.”
The report says James had not filled out an entire bracket, but favors Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, and a team from his home state, Ohio State. Interestingly, he did not choose the Miami Hurricanes, a team that he and teammate Dwyane Wade have been photographed watching courtside.
Of the teams he chose, only Louisville is set to take the floor Thursday. Coach Rick Pitino’s Cardinals take on North Carolina A&T at 6:50 p.m. ET.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)