Mar 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Perhaps LeBron James has better things to do than pick an NCAA tournament bracket, namely dropping a triple-double and leading his Miami team from 27 points down in the third quarter Wednesday against Cleveland to extend the Heat’s winning streak to 24 games. But few can resist getting in on the madness at least a little bit.
According to the Associated Press, James like many others sees this field of 68 as more or less wide open, prone to upsets, and difficult to predict.
“Everyone has a chance to win it,” James said when asked who would win in Atlanta. “Everyone.”
“There’s always going to be one sleeper,” James said. “There’s always going to be a VCU or a Butler or Norfolk State that’s going to be out there in the Elite Eight. We’ll see.”
The report says James had not filled out an entire bracket, but favors Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, and a team from his home state, Ohio State. Interestingly, he did not choose the Miami Hurricanes, a team that he and teammate Dwyane Wade have been photographed watching courtside.
Of the teams he chose, only Louisville is set to take the floor Thursday. Coach Rick Pitino’s Cardinals take on North Carolina A&T at 6:50 p.m. ET.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)