Mar 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Perhaps LeBron James has better things to do than pick an NCAA tournament bracket, namely dropping a triple-double and leading his Miami team from 27 points down in the third quarter Wednesday against Cleveland to extend the Heat’s winning streak to 24 games. But few can resist getting in on the madness at least a little bit.
According to the Associated Press, James like many others sees this field of 68 as more or less wide open, prone to upsets, and difficult to predict.
“Everyone has a chance to win it,” James said when asked who would win in Atlanta. “Everyone.”
“There’s always going to be one sleeper,” James said. “There’s always going to be a VCU or a Butler or Norfolk State that’s going to be out there in the Elite Eight. We’ll see.”
The report says James had not filled out an entire bracket, but favors Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, and a team from his home state, Ohio State. Interestingly, he did not choose the Miami Hurricanes, a team that he and teammate Dwyane Wade have been photographed watching courtside.
Of the teams he chose, only Louisville is set to take the floor Thursday. Coach Rick Pitino’s Cardinals take on North Carolina A&T at 6:50 p.m. ET.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)