Mar 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Perhaps LeBron James has better things to do than pick an NCAA tournament bracket, namely dropping a triple-double and leading his Miami team from 27 points down in the third quarter Wednesday against Cleveland to extend the Heat’s winning streak to 24 games. But few can resist getting in on the madness at least a little bit.
According to the Associated Press, James like many others sees this field of 68 as more or less wide open, prone to upsets, and difficult to predict.
“Everyone has a chance to win it,” James said when asked who would win in Atlanta. “Everyone.”
“There’s always going to be one sleeper,” James said. “There’s always going to be a VCU or a Butler or Norfolk State that’s going to be out there in the Elite Eight. We’ll see.”
The report says James had not filled out an entire bracket, but favors Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, and a team from his home state, Ohio State. Interestingly, he did not choose the Miami Hurricanes, a team that he and teammate Dwyane Wade have been photographed watching courtside.
Of the teams he chose, only Louisville is set to take the floor Thursday. Coach Rick Pitino’s Cardinals take on North Carolina A&T at 6:50 p.m. ET.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 1
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)