Mar 21, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Without a doubt, this is the worst part of the NCAA tournament.
Watching kids that have spent the past four or five years of their life playing basketball for one team realizing that they may never set foot on a basketball court in a competitive game ever again.
It sucks, but it’s part of the game.
“It’s a bitter taste in my mouth to end my career with one of the worst games I’ve ever played in my history,” Woodall said through tears after shooting 1-12 from the floor and committing five turnovers to just a single assist. “I’m sorry I let my team down.”
Woodall may not be the only current Panther that is no longer with the program after the season, as there has been plenty of speculation that head coach Jamie Dixon will take the coaching job at USC. To his credit, he pushed that talk to the side at the postgame press conference.
“I just had my point guard break down here and it’s the farthest [sic] thing from my mind,” he said.
“I’m looking forward to watching these guys and coaching these guys and them being better next year. I can’t wait because I know we have a great group and I’m excited about it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)