Mar 21, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Without a doubt, this is the worst part of the NCAA tournament.
Watching kids that have spent the past four or five years of their life playing basketball for one team realizing that they may never set foot on a basketball court in a competitive game ever again.
It sucks, but it’s part of the game.
“It’s a bitter taste in my mouth to end my career with one of the worst games I’ve ever played in my history,” Woodall said through tears after shooting 1-12 from the floor and committing five turnovers to just a single assist. “I’m sorry I let my team down.”
Woodall may not be the only current Panther that is no longer with the program after the season, as there has been plenty of speculation that head coach Jamie Dixon will take the coaching job at USC. To his credit, he pushed that talk to the side at the postgame press conference.
“I just had my point guard break down here and it’s the farthest [sic] thing from my mind,” he said.
“I’m looking forward to watching these guys and coaching these guys and them being better next year. I can’t wait because I know we have a great group and I’m excited about it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (12)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (10)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)