Mar 21, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Without a doubt, this is the worst part of the NCAA tournament.
Watching kids that have spent the past four or five years of their life playing basketball for one team realizing that they may never set foot on a basketball court in a competitive game ever again.
It sucks, but it’s part of the game.
“It’s a bitter taste in my mouth to end my career with one of the worst games I’ve ever played in my history,” Woodall said through tears after shooting 1-12 from the floor and committing five turnovers to just a single assist. “I’m sorry I let my team down.”
Woodall may not be the only current Panther that is no longer with the program after the season, as there has been plenty of speculation that head coach Jamie Dixon will take the coaching job at USC. To his credit, he pushed that talk to the side at the postgame press conference.
“I just had my point guard break down here and it’s the farthest [sic] thing from my mind,” he said.
“I’m looking forward to watching these guys and coaching these guys and them being better next year. I can’t wait because I know we have a great group and I’m excited about it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)