Mar 21, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
Without a doubt, this is the worst part of the NCAA tournament.
Watching kids that have spent the past four or five years of their life playing basketball for one team realizing that they may never set foot on a basketball court in a competitive game ever again.
It sucks, but it’s part of the game.
“It’s a bitter taste in my mouth to end my career with one of the worst games I’ve ever played in my history,” Woodall said through tears after shooting 1-12 from the floor and committing five turnovers to just a single assist. “I’m sorry I let my team down.”
Woodall may not be the only current Panther that is no longer with the program after the season, as there has been plenty of speculation that head coach Jamie Dixon will take the coaching job at USC. To his credit, he pushed that talk to the side at the postgame press conference.
“I just had my point guard break down here and it’s the farthest [sic] thing from my mind,” he said.
“I’m looking forward to watching these guys and coaching these guys and them being better next year. I can’t wait because I know we have a great group and I’m excited about it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)