Mar 21, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Without a doubt, this is the worst part of the NCAA tournament.
Watching kids that have spent the past four or five years of their life playing basketball for one team realizing that they may never set foot on a basketball court in a competitive game ever again.
It sucks, but it’s part of the game.
“It’s a bitter taste in my mouth to end my career with one of the worst games I’ve ever played in my history,” Woodall said through tears after shooting 1-12 from the floor and committing five turnovers to just a single assist. “I’m sorry I let my team down.”
Woodall may not be the only current Panther that is no longer with the program after the season, as there has been plenty of speculation that head coach Jamie Dixon will take the coaching job at USC. To his credit, he pushed that talk to the side at the postgame press conference.
“I just had my point guard break down here and it’s the farthest [sic] thing from my mind,” he said.
“I’m looking forward to watching these guys and coaching these guys and them being better next year. I can’t wait because I know we have a great group and I’m excited about it.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)