Mar 22, 2013, 1:23 AM EDT
And you thought VCU’s 88-42 win over Akron was the worst beatdown of the day?
I guess you went to bed before No. 4 seed Syracuse played No. 13 seed Montana.
The Orange beat Montana 81-34. Seriously.
Montana shot 11-54 from the floor for the game. That’s 20.4%. They were 4-31 from three, which is good for 12.9%. All told, Montana made 19 shots — 11 field goals and eight free throws — and committed 17 turnovers.
Their leading scorer? Well, there were four guys that managed to score five points. Three players happened to make two fields goals. I would go on, but the point here isn’t to embarrass Montana.
Because they are a better basketball team than they showed tonight. But man, that was one heck of an off-night, wasn’t it?
The Orange will advance to take on No. 12 seed California, who dispatched No. 5 UNLV on Thursday, in a game that will be played in San Jose, more or less a home game for the Bears. My guess is that Cal will play a bit better than Montana did on Thursday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)