Mar 22, 2013, 4:18 PM EST
Southern gave Gonzaga everything a No. 1 seed couple expect from a No. 16 seed Thursday in its Round of 64 loss to the Bulldogs. Southern’s length worked to keep Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk contained and the Jaguars were within one point with 2:28 to play.
After the game, Southern coach Roman Banks was moved to tears when talking about his team’s dedication and near history-making performance. Watch below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)