Mar 22, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT
Southern gave Gonzaga everything a No. 1 seed couple expect from a No. 16 seed Thursday in its Round of 64 loss to the Bulldogs. Southern’s length worked to keep Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk contained and the Jaguars were within one point with 2:28 to play.
After the game, Southern coach Roman Banks was moved to tears when talking about his team’s dedication and near history-making performance. Watch below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)