Mar 22, 2013, 4:18 PM EDT
Southern gave Gonzaga everything a No. 1 seed couple expect from a No. 16 seed Thursday in its Round of 64 loss to the Bulldogs. Southern’s length worked to keep Gonzaga center Kelly Olynyk contained and the Jaguars were within one point with 2:28 to play.
After the game, Southern coach Roman Banks was moved to tears when talking about his team’s dedication and near history-making performance. Watch below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 1
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)