Mar 22, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Day two of the madness is here. Today’s Mix is light because you need to be rested and ready to go for another full day of hoops. Do a quick prep session prior to tip-off, then sit back and enjoy the hoops.
Enjoy the madness.
Read of the Day:
Davidson’s season came to an unexpected end thanks to six awful seconds. Read this. (Yahoo Sports)
Observations & Insight:
– The best pictures from day one of March Madness. (College Basketball Talk)
– The best .GIFs from day one of March Madness. (College Hoops Journal)
– Gary Parrish recaps Thursday. Some people might tell you yesterday wasn’t awesome. Those people are wrong. (Eye on College Basketball)
– The Friday nightcap pits the two hottest coaching seats in the tournament, with Minnesota’s Tubby Smith going up against UCLA’s Ben Howland. (Pioneer Press)
– A No.16-seed has never beaten a No.1-seed, but Southern got pretty close yesterday. (Sporting News)
– Texas-native Andre Roberson has a chance to send a statement to the local schools that didn’t recruit him as the Colorado Buffaloes head to Austin for a second round match-up with Illinois. (Star-Telegram)
– In case you didn’t already know, Memphis’ D.J. Stephens is really good at dunking. (The Dagger)
– Ole Miss is going to spend $6-million on a new basketball venue. (Clarion Ledger)
Picture of the Day:
Seth Davis thought Montana would beat Syracuse. The Orange won by 47. (Syracuse Post-Standard)
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or want something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that Sherman is no fan of the NCAA.
May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The shot clock won’t have as much of an impact on offenses as lessening the physicality of the game.
May 27, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-11 center was originally expected to attend prep school before joining Memphis in 2016.
May 27, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
The 6-foot-6 southpaw showed off his arm, and was accurate in doing so.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Matthews is the recruit everyone forgets about.
May 27, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
That numbers is half what it was in 2015.
May 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Self and his wife created the Assists Foundation.
May 27, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Reed broke a cop’s finger while resisting a shoplifting arrest.
May 27, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Miles is 47-49 in three years with Nebraska.
May 27, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
This swing is ugly.
May 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
DeAndre Ayton finally got a chance to play this spring and delivered in a big way.
May 26, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Point guard CJ Walker is focused on seven schools during the recruiting process.
May 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Four-star guard Maverick Rowan has a choice to make for his basketball future in the immediate future.
May 26, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Minnesota closed out its 2015 recruiting efforts with its second incoming transfer of the offseason.
May 26, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The spring grassroots season is over and another spring EYBL season is complete.
May 26, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
The schedule isn’t out yet, but each team now knows who they will play and where they will play them.
May 26, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
RaShid Gaston averaged 15.5 points and 9.6 boards.
May 26, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Shaqquan Aaron could never crack Rick Pitino’s rotation.
May 26, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
The only people that would punish are the people that had nothing to do with the violations in the first place.
May 26, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
Collins has Northwestern trending in the right direction.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)