Mar 23, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
UPDATED 23 March 2013, 6:18 p.m. ET
A mechanical issue triggered a fire alarm and caused a short evacuation of Texas’ NCAA tournament hosting site during Miami’s 90-minute practice session Saturday. Practices were closed and their are no games scheduled to take place Saturday, so no fans were present at the time of the incident.
But that delay didn’t stop the Hurricanes from having some fun with the media after the fact. Kenny Kadji, Rion Brown, and Julian Gamble were among those who took time to perform a freestyle rap for TV camera in attendance. Thanks to Sports Illustrated’s Luke Winn for capturing video.
The Hurricanes are fresh off a win over 15-seed Pacific in the Round of 64 of the NCAA tournament and is moving on to take on Illinois after the Illini beat Colorado. Check out the video below:
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 2
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Figuring out the ACC 0
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 4
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 5
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)