Mar 23, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
UPDATED 23 March 2013, 6:18 p.m. ET
A mechanical issue triggered a fire alarm and caused a short evacuation of Texas’ NCAA tournament hosting site during Miami’s 90-minute practice session Saturday. Practices were closed and their are no games scheduled to take place Saturday, so no fans were present at the time of the incident.
But that delay didn’t stop the Hurricanes from having some fun with the media after the fact. Kenny Kadji, Rion Brown, and Julian Gamble were among those who took time to perform a freestyle rap for TV camera in attendance. Thanks to Sports Illustrated’s Luke Winn for capturing video.
The Hurricanes are fresh off a win over 15-seed Pacific in the Round of 64 of the NCAA tournament and is moving on to take on Illinois after the Illini beat Colorado. Check out the video below:
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0