Mar 24, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The University at Albany has offered head coach Will Brown a four-year contract extension that would sign him through the 2017-18 season, Pete Iorizzo of the Albany Times Union is reporting.
Brown has one year remaining on his deal and this would reportedly add four more to that contract, giving him the five years that are the maximum total allowed by the State of New York.
He has been offered the extension after leading Albany to a 24-10 season, including 9-7 in the America East. The Great Danes defeated Vermont to win the America East tournament title and earn an automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. Once in the tournament, they lost to No. 2-seeded Duke.
Brown has made three NCAA tournament appearances with Albany in his 12 seasons with the team, including back-to-back appearances in 2006 and 2007. He is the longest tenured head coach in the conference and according to the report will discuss the contract extension with athletic director Lee McElroy after the Final Four.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Allen will be one of the keys to Arizona’s season. Click to see why.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Randle talks favorite NBA players and the one-and-done rule.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Kentucky got some good news on Wednesday afternoon.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He will be eligible immediately.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Not a bad pitch from the UConn star.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
The UTEP coach is now a candidate to replace Frank Haith at Missouri.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Virginia got its fourth commit on Tuesday night.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
A look back on UConn’s second title in four years.
Apr 22, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
The Southern coach is receiving a contract extension.
Apr 22, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Loyd is converting from point guard to wide receiver.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Bulls announced the fifth departure this spring.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins is the most searched athlete in two states, according to a recent study.
Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Ron Hunter is loading up on talented transfers
Apr 22, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Auburn will accept the punishment that has been given to Pearl by the NCAA.
Apr 22, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Kentucky is still waiting for a decision from four players.
Apr 22, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
Darius is the younger brother of former Illini guard Brandon Paul.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
The ACC schedule is what happens when leagues get too big.
Apr 22, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Ivan Rabb is the best big man in a loaded class of bigs, according to Rivals.
Apr 22, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
K.J. McDaniels might win an NBA dunk contest one day.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)