Mar 24, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
The Boston-area home of Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams was destroyed by fire as the sophomore and his team beat California Saturday night in San Jose, Calif., in the Round of 32 of the NCAA tournament, multiple outlets are reporting.
The home reportedly belongs to Carter-Williams’ mother, Mandy Carter-Zegarowski, who was in San Jose to support her son Saturday at the time of the fire.
According to a Boston television station, the rest of his family was at home watching the game when the fire broke out. It is believed that the cause of the fire was a wood stove outside, but the origin is still under investigation. There were reportedly no injuries.
Carter-Williams scored 12 points and had three assists in the victory. He was notified of the fire after the game by his mother. Sunday morning, he gave a thank you to the public via his Twitter page.
Thanks for the prayers everyone all thats important to me is my family is okay
— Michael Carter-Willi (@MJCWilliams) March 24, 2013
Syracuse now advances to the Sweet 16 to face the winner of Indiana and Temple, two teams that play Sunday.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Simmons wanted to transfer because she was rejected from Alabama’s MBA program and her brother has end-stage renal disease.
Oct 2, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
7-foot-4 people make tall people look small.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
The Illini came back from 15 down in the final four minutes to win in overtime.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT
Oregon State has to replace its top five scorers from last season, so being shorthanded doesn’t help matters at all.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Chemistry was a key component in Dayton’s run to the Elite Eight. They’ll begin the 2014-15 season looking to rebuild that without three expected contributors.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Amida Brimah averaged 4.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game as a freshman, and he’s fully recovered from offseason shoulder surgery.
Oct 1, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The Big Ten is the first of the five conferences granted autonomy to send recommendations to the NCAA.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
With Missouri’s top three scorers from last season having moved on, Johnathan Williams III will be a key figure in 2014-15.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Spencer averaged 9.1 points and 3.2 rebounds per game last season.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Both with charged with drunk driving offenses during the offseason.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
SDSU’s front court depth will take an early season hit.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
Haith earned a commitment from a three-star point guard from Western New York.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Van Vleet has been attending speaking engagements this offseason, trying to give back to the youth.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Jawun Evans is one of the top three point guards in the class.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Do you think the MLB needs some ice for that burn?
Sep 30, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
A former Baylor commit is suing his former high school for allegedly altering his grades.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Missouri is losing a wing shooter.
Sep 30, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Can an SEC program reel in a top-5 player in the 2015 class during a weekend visit?
Sep 30, 2014, 7:44 PM EDT
Harvard landed another quality recruit.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
IUPUI unveiled a new court design this week.
- Alabama’s treatment of former player Daisha Simmons is shameful 0
- Throwback Thursday: Illinois and Arizona spar in a phenomenal 2005 Elite 8 game 0
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 1
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- NCAA twitter account effortlessly trolls MLB during playoff opener (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)