Mar 25, 2013, 9:12 PM EDT
Seth Allen will miss the remainder of the NIT for Maryland after breaking a bone in his shooting hand.
The injury, which is on his left hand, occurred in practice on Sunday.
Allen, a freshman, has averaged 7.8 points per game this season for Mark Turgeon’s program.
“It’s a big blow to us because of the way he’s been playing,” Turgeon told the Baltimore Sun. “The thing where it hurts us is we’ve been playing a small lineup a lot. We can still play a small lineup but maybe not as much. Guys like Padge (James Padgett), Charles (Mitchell) and Shaq (Cleare) will probably get those minutes.”
This has to be tough for a Maryland team that’s seen its fair share of adversity this season. Allen has been a big part of the teams line-up when it goes guard heavy and the Woodbridge, Va. native has also averaged 2.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 22 minutes per game on the year.
The Terrapins play at Alabama in the NIT quarterfinals on Tuesday night.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
Oct 31, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The player’s reaction are priceless.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
The first commit in 2015 for Brian Gregory.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Wisconsin forward was named Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year as a freshman.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Bay Area big man is considered the No. 7 overall player in the senior class.
Oct 31, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The Louisiana Tech coach has averaged 28 wins the past two seasons, and is poised for a NCAA tournament appearance in 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Injuries are becoming a far too common problem for Drexel.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
For the past two years, the Philly product has averaged five points per game.
Oct 31, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Just Bruce Pearl being Bruce Pearl.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Another SEC school used a similar system on its way to a national title game appearance in 2000.
CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center
Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from the world of college basketball recruiting.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Despite 29 wins (13 in conference play) Louisiana Tech missed out on the NCAA tournament. Michael White looks to change that this season, although, his team will have to go through the likes of UTEP and newcomer Western Kentucky, first.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
With the number of guards in the Kansas program, playing time was likely to be scarce for Conner Frankamp.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Isaac Fotu’s part of the NCAA’s investigation into the program, and other schools have attempted to poach some of Hawaii’s remaining players.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Virginia is coming off of a dual-ACC title and returns the majority of the key players from that team.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:37 AM EDT
No surprise that Kentucky’s on top. Also of note: No. 3 Wisconsin received more first-place votes than No. 2 Arizona.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
The Cincinnati transfer was expected to factor into a rotation that’s replacing five seniors from last season’s team.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Is this team better than Philly?
Oct 30, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
Quick action by construction workers ensured that it was declared ready for play two days after being flooded.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Some officials are in hot water after compromising a system used by 20 different Division I conferences.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:58 PM EDT
Saint Louis adds more depth to its front court with this verbal commitment.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)