Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Perhaps the most impressive thing about Florida Gulf Coast’s run to the Sweet 16 is that it has not only completely overshadowed the fact that a No. 13 seed that played in the First Four has made it to the Sweet 16, it makes it seem downright normal that that No. 13 seed — La Salle, if you haven’t figured it out by now — will be played No. 9 seed Wichita State for the right to go to the Elite 8.
Think about that.
La Salle is the fifth No. 13 seed to make it this far in the NCAA tournament, and they have a real shot of advancing farther.
And no one is talking about them, even though they may just be the most entertaining team left in the field.
The Explorers play four guards. They spread the floor and they allow guys like Ramon Galloway (a South Carolina transfer), Tyrone Garland (a Virginia Tech transfer), and Tyreek Duren (a top 100 recruit coming out of high school) to use their natural ability to create. The result? A lot of high-scoring, end-to-end action, plenty of threes flying and a team with high-major talent keeping their tournament dreams alive.
It’s a fun show to watch, and it will be on full display on Thursday night.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)