Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Perhaps the most impressive thing about Florida Gulf Coast’s run to the Sweet 16 is that it has not only completely overshadowed the fact that a No. 13 seed that played in the First Four has made it to the Sweet 16, it makes it seem downright normal that that No. 13 seed — La Salle, if you haven’t figured it out by now — will be played No. 9 seed Wichita State for the right to go to the Elite 8.
Think about that.
La Salle is the fifth No. 13 seed to make it this far in the NCAA tournament, and they have a real shot of advancing farther.
And no one is talking about them, even though they may just be the most entertaining team left in the field.
The Explorers play four guards. They spread the floor and they allow guys like Ramon Galloway (a South Carolina transfer), Tyrone Garland (a Virginia Tech transfer), and Tyreek Duren (a top 100 recruit coming out of high school) to use their natural ability to create. The result? A lot of high-scoring, end-to-end action, plenty of threes flying and a team with high-major talent keeping their tournament dreams alive.
It’s a fun show to watch, and it will be on full display on Thursday night.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)