Mar 25, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Perhaps the most impressive thing about Florida Gulf Coast’s run to the Sweet 16 is that it has not only completely overshadowed the fact that a No. 13 seed that played in the First Four has made it to the Sweet 16, it makes it seem downright normal that that No. 13 seed — La Salle, if you haven’t figured it out by now — will be played No. 9 seed Wichita State for the right to go to the Elite 8.
Think about that.
La Salle is the fifth No. 13 seed to make it this far in the NCAA tournament, and they have a real shot of advancing farther.
And no one is talking about them, even though they may just be the most entertaining team left in the field.
The Explorers play four guards. They spread the floor and they allow guys like Ramon Galloway (a South Carolina transfer), Tyrone Garland (a Virginia Tech transfer), and Tyreek Duren (a top 100 recruit coming out of high school) to use their natural ability to create. The result? A lot of high-scoring, end-to-end action, plenty of threes flying and a team with high-major talent keeping their tournament dreams alive.
It’s a fun show to watch, and it will be on full display on Thursday night.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)