Mar 26, 2013, 9:17 AM EST
Clemson sophomore Bernard Sullivan will transfer from the program and continue his education at another institution, the school announced in a release Monday.
“We appreciate Bernard’s contributions to the program,” Clemson coach Brad Brownell said in a statement. “We wish him nothing but the best in the future, and hope he finds a program that will better meet his needs.”
The 6-7, 215-pound Sullivan played 56 games in a Tigers uniform during his time at Clemson and averaged just over eight minutes per game. This season, his best game came Jan. 29 against Georgia Tech when he scored seven points on 3-of-5 shooting from the floor in nine minutes. He also had six points and grabbed three rebounds in a win over The Citadel on Jan. 1.
Coming out of high school from the Class of 2011, Sullivan was a Top 100 recruit. He chose Clemson over schools that include Marquette, Maryland, Purdue, South Carolina, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)