Mar 27, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
Oklahoma junior forward Amath M’Baye will declare for the NBA draft, the school announced.
“My time at OU has been great,” M’Baye, a native of Bordeaux, France, said in a statement. “I’m 23 years old. My goal when I came to the United States was to take care of business in the classroom and by the time I was 23 to have a degree in my pocket. Now that I’m graduating in May, it’s time for me to start taking care of my family the way they’ve taken care of me for so long.
“It’s a tough process of saying goodbye to everybody because I love everyone here. The coaches did an amazing job with me and with this team in general. Everyone was great here and I had an amazing time. I want to be able to come back down the road and help the program however I can, because it’s given me a lot.”
M’Baye is in a unique situation. He’s graduating, he’s 23 years old and he’s got a family he needs to take care of. He’s an intriguingly athletic, 6-foot-9 forward with some touch on his jump shot. He’s got some potential, but he’s not going to get any younger. Draft Express ranked M’Baye as their 36th best prospect in the junior class. There’s a chance that he could end up being drafted, but even if he isn’t, M’Baye should make a good living in Europe.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)