Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Yesterday, David Kaplan of CSN Chicago was reporting that Northwestern was set to hire Duke assistant coach Chris Collins.
Today, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that it’s a done deal; Collins has been hired and an announcement will come later on Wednesday. That report confirms this tweet, which was sent out by Kaplan early on Wednesday morning:
I expect Chris Collins to be named tonight at NU. Source: “He is the perfect fit. The meeting in Atlanta sealed what they already knew.”
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) March 27, 2013
Northwestern went 13-19 last season under Bill Carmody, but it wasn’t necessarily because of a lack of talent in the program. The Wildcats had some brutal injury issues that plagued them all year long. Collins’ first job as coach? Convince Drew Crawford not to transfer, and get top 100 point guard Jaren Sina, who reopened his recruitment after Carmody was let go, to commit to Northwestern again.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)