Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Yesterday, David Kaplan of CSN Chicago was reporting that Northwestern was set to hire Duke assistant coach Chris Collins.
Today, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that it’s a done deal; Collins has been hired and an announcement will come later on Wednesday. That report confirms this tweet, which was sent out by Kaplan early on Wednesday morning:
I expect Chris Collins to be named tonight at NU. Source: “He is the perfect fit. The meeting in Atlanta sealed what they already knew.”
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) March 27, 2013
Northwestern went 13-19 last season under Bill Carmody, but it wasn’t necessarily because of a lack of talent in the program. The Wildcats had some brutal injury issues that plagued them all year long. Collins’ first job as coach? Convince Drew Crawford not to transfer, and get top 100 point guard Jaren Sina, who reopened his recruitment after Carmody was let go, to commit to Northwestern again.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)