Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Yesterday, David Kaplan of CSN Chicago was reporting that Northwestern was set to hire Duke assistant coach Chris Collins.
Today, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that it’s a done deal; Collins has been hired and an announcement will come later on Wednesday. That report confirms this tweet, which was sent out by Kaplan early on Wednesday morning:
I expect Chris Collins to be named tonight at NU. Source: “He is the perfect fit. The meeting in Atlanta sealed what they already knew.”
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) March 27, 2013
Northwestern went 13-19 last season under Bill Carmody, but it wasn’t necessarily because of a lack of talent in the program. The Wildcats had some brutal injury issues that plagued them all year long. Collins’ first job as coach? Convince Drew Crawford not to transfer, and get top 100 point guard Jaren Sina, who reopened his recruitment after Carmody was let go, to commit to Northwestern again.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)