Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Yesterday, David Kaplan of CSN Chicago was reporting that Northwestern was set to hire Duke assistant coach Chris Collins.
Today, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that it’s a done deal; Collins has been hired and an announcement will come later on Wednesday. That report confirms this tweet, which was sent out by Kaplan early on Wednesday morning:
I expect Chris Collins to be named tonight at NU. Source: “He is the perfect fit. The meeting in Atlanta sealed what they already knew.”
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) March 27, 2013
Northwestern went 13-19 last season under Bill Carmody, but it wasn’t necessarily because of a lack of talent in the program. The Wildcats had some brutal injury issues that plagued them all year long. Collins’ first job as coach? Convince Drew Crawford not to transfer, and get top 100 point guard Jaren Sina, who reopened his recruitment after Carmody was let go, to commit to Northwestern again.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)