Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Yesterday, David Kaplan of CSN Chicago was reporting that Northwestern was set to hire Duke assistant coach Chris Collins.
Today, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting that it’s a done deal; Collins has been hired and an announcement will come later on Wednesday. That report confirms this tweet, which was sent out by Kaplan early on Wednesday morning:
I expect Chris Collins to be named tonight at NU. Source: “He is the perfect fit. The meeting in Atlanta sealed what they already knew.”
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) March 27, 2013
Northwestern went 13-19 last season under Bill Carmody, but it wasn’t necessarily because of a lack of talent in the program. The Wildcats had some brutal injury issues that plagued them all year long. Collins’ first job as coach? Convince Drew Crawford not to transfer, and get top 100 point guard Jaren Sina, who reopened his recruitment after Carmody was let go, to commit to Northwestern again.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)