Mar 28, 2013, 6:14 PM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
The St. Louis native was a second team All-SEC selection this season, posting averages of 15.2 points, 3.5 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game. Young (6-3, 180 pounds) started 25 of the 31 games in which he played, shooting 44.9% from the field and 22.7% from beyond the arc.
Young’s future at the pro level would be at the point and he played the position during his time in Fayetteville, but Young is seen by scouts as a combo guard at this stage in the evaluation process. Young withdrew his name from consideration before the mid-April deadline last season, and per NCAA rules a player is allowed to do so just once during their collegiate career.
“I met with B.J. and his father today and B.J. expressed his interest to enter his name in the NBA Draft,” Arkansas head coach Mike Anderson said in a statement released by the school. “This is his dream and as a coach I encourage him to pursue that dream.
“I gave him the pros and cons of his decision and he chose to enter the draft. B.J. has become a well-rounded player, leading us in scoring and assists and he became a more active rebounder.”
DraftExpress.com ranks Young seventh among NCAA sophomores and 27th on its list of the top 100 prospects for the 2013 NBA Draft. Without Young the Razorbacks still have talent on the perimeter, led by rising junior Rashad Madden and rising senior Mardracus Wade, but this is a big loss for Mike Anderson.
Arkansas’ two commitments in the 2013 class are both big men (Moses Kingsley and Bobby Portis), so Young’s departure may lead to the staff looking to land a late addition on the perimeter.
May 28, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
Video surfaced showing that Alie-Cox wasn’t involved in the incident, contradicting a woman’s claim that he punched her in the face.
May 28, 2015, 4:04 PM EDT
UConn’s now added three transfers to the program this spring, two of whom will be eligible immediately as graduate students.
May 28, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
Foster led Clemson to their only Elite 8 appearance in program history.
May 28, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Paige went to high school an hour from UNI’s campus.
May 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Iowa State fans shouldn’t freak out too much.
May 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Dellavedova was a star with the Gaels before he became this year’s NBA Playoff star.
May 28, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Byers created the term “student-athlete” and first sold TV rights for NCAA broadcasts, but later wrote a book blasting the NCAA for exploiting athletes.
May 28, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
This is a step in the right direction by the Big 12.
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that Sherman is no fan of the NCAA.
May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The shot clock won’t have as much of an impact on offenses as lessening the physicality of the game.
May 27, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-11 center was originally expected to attend prep school before joining Memphis in 2016.
May 27, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
The 6-foot-6 southpaw showed off his arm, and was accurate in doing so.
May 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Matthews is the recruit everyone forgets about.
May 27, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
That numbers is half what it was in 2015.
May 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Self and his wife created the Assists Foundation.
May 27, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Reed broke a cop’s finger while resisting a shoplifting arrest.
May 27, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Miles is 47-49 in three years with Nebraska.
May 27, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
This swing is ugly.
May 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
DeAndre Ayton finally got a chance to play this spring and delivered in a big way.
May 26, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Point guard CJ Walker is focused on seven schools during the recruiting process.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)