Mar 28, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Another name just popped up on the transfer market.
Justin Edwards, a 6-foot-3 shooting guard, is transferring from Maine. The Canadian native led the America East in scoring as a sophomore this season, averaging 16.7 points along with 5.1 boards, 3.4 assists and 1.9 steals.
“Justin is a fine young man and we thank him for his hard work and accomplishments in our program. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors,” head coach Ted Woodward said in a statement.
“Thank you to the Coaching staff. I appreciate all you have done for me, personally and professionally, and the opportunity you offered me!” Edwards tweeted. “I want to thank my teammates, the fans, the school. I appreciate everything! You have all been great and will be a terrific team next season … I simply want to gain exposure playing at a higher level of basketball for my next 2 years,and look forward to the challenge that lies ahead.”
Don’t be surprised to see Edwards get pursued by some bigger programs. He’ll have two years of eligibility remaining.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)