Mar 28, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to reports, current Gonzaga assistant coach and former Utah head coach Ray Giacoletti has been hired at Drake to replace Mark Phelps.
Phelps finished under .500 in five seasons at Drake, including a 15-17 record this year. Giacoletti had success at the two stops he made prior to Utah, which included taking Eastern Washington to the NCAA tournament in 2004, and led Utah to the 2005 Sweet 16 behind National Player of the Year Andrew Bogut.
But the next two years for Giacoletti were ugly, and he parted ways with the Utes after back-to-back sixth place finishes in the Mountain West, including an 11-19 record in his final season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 0
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)