Mar 28, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to reports, current Gonzaga assistant coach and former Utah head coach Ray Giacoletti has been hired at Drake to replace Mark Phelps.
Phelps finished under .500 in five seasons at Drake, including a 15-17 record this year. Giacoletti had success at the two stops he made prior to Utah, which included taking Eastern Washington to the NCAA tournament in 2004, and led Utah to the 2005 Sweet 16 behind National Player of the Year Andrew Bogut.
But the next two years for Giacoletti were ugly, and he parted ways with the Utes after back-to-back sixth place finishes in the Mountain West, including an 11-19 record in his final season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)