Mar 28, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to reports, current Gonzaga assistant coach and former Utah head coach Ray Giacoletti has been hired at Drake to replace Mark Phelps.
Phelps finished under .500 in five seasons at Drake, including a 15-17 record this year. Giacoletti had success at the two stops he made prior to Utah, which included taking Eastern Washington to the NCAA tournament in 2004, and led Utah to the 2005 Sweet 16 behind National Player of the Year Andrew Bogut.
But the next two years for Giacoletti were ugly, and he parted ways with the Utes after back-to-back sixth place finishes in the Mountain West, including an 11-19 record in his final season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)