Mar 28, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
According to reports, current Gonzaga assistant coach and former Utah head coach Ray Giacoletti has been hired at Drake to replace Mark Phelps.
Phelps finished under .500 in five seasons at Drake, including a 15-17 record this year. Giacoletti had success at the two stops he made prior to Utah, which included taking Eastern Washington to the NCAA tournament in 2004, and led Utah to the 2005 Sweet 16 behind National Player of the Year Andrew Bogut.
But the next two years for Giacoletti were ugly, and he parted ways with the Utes after back-to-back sixth place finishes in the Mountain West, including an 11-19 record in his final season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)