Mar 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
According to multiple scouting services Huntington Prep (W.Va.) senior Andrew Wiggins is the best basketball player in the 2013 recruiting class. An athletic wing, Wiggins has the ability to get to the rim and finish with authority while also being capable of knocking down perimeter shots.
A native of Toronto and the son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins, Andrew has a list of four schools at present time: Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina (in alphabetical order, of course).
Both of Wiggins’ parents attended Florida State but he has not publicly labeled any of the schools under consideration the favorite to land his commitment. No date has been set in regards to Wiggins verbally committing to a school.
Named “Recruit of the Week” by recruiting analyst Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, could Wiggins even be the “Recruit of the Decade?” That’s a possibility Bossi briefly touches on in the video below.
Video credit: Rivals
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Colorado State finds difficulty scheduling good non-conference games (1)
- Notre Dame freshman Rex Pflueger throws down some impressive dunks (VIDEO) (1)