Mar 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
According to multiple scouting services Huntington Prep (W.Va.) senior Andrew Wiggins is the best basketball player in the 2013 recruiting class. An athletic wing, Wiggins has the ability to get to the rim and finish with authority while also being capable of knocking down perimeter shots.
A native of Toronto and the son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins, Andrew has a list of four schools at present time: Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina (in alphabetical order, of course).
Both of Wiggins’ parents attended Florida State but he has not publicly labeled any of the schools under consideration the favorite to land his commitment. No date has been set in regards to Wiggins verbally committing to a school.
Named “Recruit of the Week” by recruiting analyst Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, could Wiggins even be the “Recruit of the Decade?” That’s a possibility Bossi briefly touches on in the video below.
Video credit: Rivals
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)