Mar 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
According to multiple scouting services Huntington Prep (W.Va.) senior Andrew Wiggins is the best basketball player in the 2013 recruiting class. An athletic wing, Wiggins has the ability to get to the rim and finish with authority while also being capable of knocking down perimeter shots.
A native of Toronto and the son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins, Andrew has a list of four schools at present time: Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina (in alphabetical order, of course).
Both of Wiggins’ parents attended Florida State but he has not publicly labeled any of the schools under consideration the favorite to land his commitment. No date has been set in regards to Wiggins verbally committing to a school.
Named “Recruit of the Week” by recruiting analyst Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, could Wiggins even be the “Recruit of the Decade?” That’s a possibility Bossi briefly touches on in the video below.
Video credit: Rivals
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)