Mar 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
According to multiple scouting services Huntington Prep (W.Va.) senior Andrew Wiggins is the best basketball player in the 2013 recruiting class. An athletic wing, Wiggins has the ability to get to the rim and finish with authority while also being capable of knocking down perimeter shots.
A native of Toronto and the son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins, Andrew has a list of four schools at present time: Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina (in alphabetical order, of course).
Both of Wiggins’ parents attended Florida State but he has not publicly labeled any of the schools under consideration the favorite to land his commitment. No date has been set in regards to Wiggins verbally committing to a school.
Named “Recruit of the Week” by recruiting analyst Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, could Wiggins even be the “Recruit of the Decade?” That’s a possibility Bossi briefly touches on in the video below.
Video credit: Rivals
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)