Mar 29, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
According to multiple scouting services Huntington Prep (W.Va.) senior Andrew Wiggins is the best basketball player in the 2013 recruiting class. An athletic wing, Wiggins has the ability to get to the rim and finish with authority while also being capable of knocking down perimeter shots.
A native of Toronto and the son of former NBA player Mitchell Wiggins, Andrew has a list of four schools at present time: Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina (in alphabetical order, of course).
Both of Wiggins’ parents attended Florida State but he has not publicly labeled any of the schools under consideration the favorite to land his commitment. No date has been set in regards to Wiggins verbally committing to a school.
Named “Recruit of the Week” by recruiting analyst Eric Bossi of Rivals.com, could Wiggins even be the “Recruit of the Decade?” That’s a possibility Bossi briefly touches on in the video below.
Video credit: Rivals
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0