Mar 29, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
William Wesley or better known as Worldwide Wes, is one of the more powerful people in the game of basketball. All of his connections weren’t enough to get him past the Lucas Oil Stadium security staff on Saturday night before the Oregon-Louisville game.
As reported by Dan Wolken of USA Today a picture of Wes (as seen below) was distributed to staff members and told to keep him out of credentialed areas.
“We were told not to let him in,” one female security guard called USA Today.
When a supervisor was asked she declined to comment. GQ profiled him as the most powerful man in basketball. Wes actively associates with high school and college prospects. Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com summed it up pretty well in his take on the odd scene in Indianapolis:
Wesley is banned from doing whatever it is he might do at the Midwest Regional but allowed to kick it with prospects at officially sanctioned summer events. NCAA, never change. You are hilarious.
Not sure what prompted NCAA to change their stance on WWW but security doesn’t want him at this event. twitter.com/UofLSheriff50/…
— Mark Blankenbaker(@UofLSheriff50) March 29, 2013
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)