Mar 30, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
Andy Enfield led Florida Gulf Coast on a surprise run in this 2013 NCAA tournament and is now visible on the national radar for schools looking to fill a coaching vacancy. Southern California, having fired head coach Kevin O’Neill during the season, is reportedly looking at Enfield, according to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports.
But Enfield’s career hasn’t begun with the sudden success of Florida Gulf Coast. From Wetzel’s report:
While Enfield, a former Florida State and NBA assistant coach has few recruiting ties to the West Coast, USC is intrigued by not only his success and potential, but his preferred uptempo style of play.
Enfield’s season with FGCU ended in the Sweet 16 with a loss to Florida. It remains to be seen whether USC would be able to pull him away from Florida Gulf Coast.
The Trojans watched crosstown rival UCLA hire New Mexico coach Steve Alford Saturday. USC has missed out on Memphis’ Josh Pastner, VCU’s Shaka Smart, Butler’s Brad Stevens, and Pittsburgh’s Jamie Dixon, all of whom were considered candidates and have decided to stay at their respective schools.
According to the report, Syracuse’s Mike Hopkins also remains a candidate for the job.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)