Apr 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
The AP announced their all-american teams on Monday afternoon, and there were no surprises on the first team.
Trey Burke and Otto Porter were the leading vote-getters, while Kelly Olynyk, Doug McDermott and Victor Oladipo rounded out the first team. McDermott was a first-team selection last year as well, the 51st player to earn such an honor twice.
This really wasn’t much of a surprise, as the first team was a pretty clear-cut decision. It’s exactly the same first team that NBCSports.com named prior to the start of postseason play.
Click here to read through the see all of the AP All-America teams.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)