Apr 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
The AP announced their all-american teams on Monday afternoon, and there were no surprises on the first team.
Trey Burke and Otto Porter were the leading vote-getters, while Kelly Olynyk, Doug McDermott and Victor Oladipo rounded out the first team. McDermott was a first-team selection last year as well, the 51st player to earn such an honor twice.
This really wasn’t much of a surprise, as the first team was a pretty clear-cut decision. It’s exactly the same first team that NBCSports.com named prior to the start of postseason play.
Click here to read through the see all of the AP All-America teams.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)