Apr 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
The AP announced their all-american teams on Monday afternoon, and there were no surprises on the first team.
Trey Burke and Otto Porter were the leading vote-getters, while Kelly Olynyk, Doug McDermott and Victor Oladipo rounded out the first team. McDermott was a first-team selection last year as well, the 51st player to earn such an honor twice.
This really wasn’t much of a surprise, as the first team was a pretty clear-cut decision. It’s exactly the same first team that NBCSports.com named prior to the start of postseason play.
Click here to read through the see all of the AP All-America teams.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)