Apr 1, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
This is the time of year when all the early entrants to the NBA Draft start making their announcements. We’ve already seen a few do so.
As for right now though, Indiana’s Victor Oladipo hasn’t figured out if he’s headed to the pro ranks, or coming back for his senior year with the Hoosiers. This according to Jeff Rabjohns, via ESPN’s Andy Katz.
Oladipo had a breakout season for Indiana and was in the discussion for national player of the year. He averaged 13.6 points, 6.3 points, 2.2 steals and 2.1 assists for the Hoosiers, helping them to a no.1 seed and a second-straight Sweet 16 appearance before falling to Syracuse. He was a unanimous first-team all-Big Ten selection and the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, along with the Sporting News tabbing him as their National Player of the Year.
He’s steadily improved every year since arriving in Bloomington and broke through in a huge way this season, no longer being known as a compliment player to Cody Zeller in the national spectrum. He definitely exceeded all the expectations put upon him.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
With that said, he’s ready to test the NBA waters, at least. Maybe he doesn’t like the pre-draft process and comes back, but it’s definitely worth looking into. His game is well-rounded, he’s explosive off the dribble and in transition, moves great without the ball and obviously is a defensive dynamo. But if he feels he (and Zeller, who also hasn’t made up his mind) has unfinished business at Indiana, maybe he comes back.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)