Apr 1, 2013, 8:14 PM EST
This is the time of year when all the early entrants to the NBA Draft start making their announcements. We’ve already seen a few do so.
As for right now though, Indiana’s Victor Oladipo hasn’t figured out if he’s headed to the pro ranks, or coming back for his senior year with the Hoosiers. This according to Jeff Rabjohns, via ESPN’s Andy Katz.
Oladipo had a breakout season for Indiana and was in the discussion for national player of the year. He averaged 13.6 points, 6.3 points, 2.2 steals and 2.1 assists for the Hoosiers, helping them to a no.1 seed and a second-straight Sweet 16 appearance before falling to Syracuse. He was a unanimous first-team all-Big Ten selection and the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, along with the Sporting News tabbing him as their National Player of the Year.
He’s steadily improved every year since arriving in Bloomington and broke through in a huge way this season, no longer being known as a compliment player to Cody Zeller in the national spectrum. He definitely exceeded all the expectations put upon him.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
With that said, he’s ready to test the NBA waters, at least. Maybe he doesn’t like the pre-draft process and comes back, but it’s definitely worth looking into. His game is well-rounded, he’s explosive off the dribble and in transition, moves great without the ball and obviously is a defensive dynamo. But if he feels he (and Zeller, who also hasn’t made up his mind) has unfinished business at Indiana, maybe he comes back.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again 3
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)