Apr 1, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
This is the time of year when all the early entrants to the NBA Draft start making their announcements. We’ve already seen a few do so.
As for right now though, Indiana’s Victor Oladipo hasn’t figured out if he’s headed to the pro ranks, or coming back for his senior year with the Hoosiers. This according to Jeff Rabjohns, via ESPN’s Andy Katz.
Oladipo had a breakout season for Indiana and was in the discussion for national player of the year. He averaged 13.6 points, 6.3 points, 2.2 steals and 2.1 assists for the Hoosiers, helping them to a no.1 seed and a second-straight Sweet 16 appearance before falling to Syracuse. He was a unanimous first-team all-Big Ten selection and the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, along with the Sporting News tabbing him as their National Player of the Year.
He’s steadily improved every year since arriving in Bloomington and broke through in a huge way this season, no longer being known as a compliment player to Cody Zeller in the national spectrum. He definitely exceeded all the expectations put upon him.
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
With that said, he’s ready to test the NBA waters, at least. Maybe he doesn’t like the pre-draft process and comes back, but it’s definitely worth looking into. His game is well-rounded, he’s explosive off the dribble and in transition, moves great without the ball and obviously is a defensive dynamo. But if he feels he (and Zeller, who also hasn’t made up his mind) has unfinished business at Indiana, maybe he comes back.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)