Apr 1, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
According to Joe Giglio, an NC State beat-writer, Rodney Purvis will announce that he is transferring out of NC State this afternoon, the ninth player to transfer out of the program since 2010.
Purvis started 23 of the first 25 games for the Wolfpack, but he was demoted to the bench for the last 10. On the season, the former five-star recruit averaged 8.3 points and 2.4 assists. He’ll have to sit out a year, unless he can find a way to convince the NCAA he deserves a transfer, but UConn is one of the places where his name has popped up.
Now the question becomes just what is left at NC State, other than Mark Gottfried. CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown have both gone pro. Scott Wood and Richard Howell will both graduate. Purvis is transferring. That’s the entire starting lineup from this past season.
Tyler Lewis returns, as does TJ Warren, and NC State brings in a promising three-man recruiting class of point guard Cat Barber and big men BeeJay Anya and Kyle Washington. But the Wolfpack won’t be all that deep, and they certainly won’t be projected to be a top ten team as they were this season.
Tears won’t stop falling. I enjoyed every moment here. I still love you guys, no matter how you may feel towards me. Thank y’all !
— Rodney Purvis (@rpurvis_0) April 1, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)