Apr 1, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
According to Joe Giglio, an NC State beat-writer, Rodney Purvis will announce that he is transferring out of NC State this afternoon, the ninth player to transfer out of the program since 2010.
Purvis started 23 of the first 25 games for the Wolfpack, but he was demoted to the bench for the last 10. On the season, the former five-star recruit averaged 8.3 points and 2.4 assists. He’ll have to sit out a year, unless he can find a way to convince the NCAA he deserves a transfer, but UConn is one of the places where his name has popped up.
Now the question becomes just what is left at NC State, other than Mark Gottfried. CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown have both gone pro. Scott Wood and Richard Howell will both graduate. Purvis is transferring. That’s the entire starting lineup from this past season.
Tyler Lewis returns, as does TJ Warren, and NC State brings in a promising three-man recruiting class of point guard Cat Barber and big men BeeJay Anya and Kyle Washington. But the Wolfpack won’t be all that deep, and they certainly won’t be projected to be a top ten team as they were this season.
Tears won’t stop falling. I enjoyed every moment here. I still love you guys, no matter how you may feel towards me. Thank y’all !
— Rodney Purvis (@rpurvis_0) April 1, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)