Apr 1, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
According to Joe Giglio, an NC State beat-writer, Rodney Purvis will announce that he is transferring out of NC State this afternoon, the ninth player to transfer out of the program since 2010.
Purvis started 23 of the first 25 games for the Wolfpack, but he was demoted to the bench for the last 10. On the season, the former five-star recruit averaged 8.3 points and 2.4 assists. He’ll have to sit out a year, unless he can find a way to convince the NCAA he deserves a transfer, but UConn is one of the places where his name has popped up.
Now the question becomes just what is left at NC State, other than Mark Gottfried. CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown have both gone pro. Scott Wood and Richard Howell will both graduate. Purvis is transferring. That’s the entire starting lineup from this past season.
Tyler Lewis returns, as does TJ Warren, and NC State brings in a promising three-man recruiting class of point guard Cat Barber and big men BeeJay Anya and Kyle Washington. But the Wolfpack won’t be all that deep, and they certainly won’t be projected to be a top ten team as they were this season.
Tears won’t stop falling. I enjoyed every moment here. I still love you guys, no matter how you may feel towards me. Thank y’all !
— Rodney Purvis (@rpurvis_0) April 1, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)