Apr 1, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
According to Joe Giglio, an NC State beat-writer, Rodney Purvis will announce that he is transferring out of NC State this afternoon, the ninth player to transfer out of the program since 2010.
Purvis started 23 of the first 25 games for the Wolfpack, but he was demoted to the bench for the last 10. On the season, the former five-star recruit averaged 8.3 points and 2.4 assists. He’ll have to sit out a year, unless he can find a way to convince the NCAA he deserves a transfer, but UConn is one of the places where his name has popped up.
Now the question becomes just what is left at NC State, other than Mark Gottfried. CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown have both gone pro. Scott Wood and Richard Howell will both graduate. Purvis is transferring. That’s the entire starting lineup from this past season.
Tyler Lewis returns, as does TJ Warren, and NC State brings in a promising three-man recruiting class of point guard Cat Barber and big men BeeJay Anya and Kyle Washington. But the Wolfpack won’t be all that deep, and they certainly won’t be projected to be a top ten team as they were this season.
Tears won’t stop falling. I enjoyed every moment here. I still love you guys, no matter how you may feel towards me. Thank y’all !
— Rodney Purvis (@rpurvis_0) April 1, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 8
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)