Apr 1, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
According to Joe Giglio, an NC State beat-writer, Rodney Purvis will announce that he is transferring out of NC State this afternoon, the ninth player to transfer out of the program since 2010.
Purvis started 23 of the first 25 games for the Wolfpack, but he was demoted to the bench for the last 10. On the season, the former five-star recruit averaged 8.3 points and 2.4 assists. He’ll have to sit out a year, unless he can find a way to convince the NCAA he deserves a transfer, but UConn is one of the places where his name has popped up.
Now the question becomes just what is left at NC State, other than Mark Gottfried. CJ Leslie and Lorenzo Brown have both gone pro. Scott Wood and Richard Howell will both graduate. Purvis is transferring. That’s the entire starting lineup from this past season.
Tyler Lewis returns, as does TJ Warren, and NC State brings in a promising three-man recruiting class of point guard Cat Barber and big men BeeJay Anya and Kyle Washington. But the Wolfpack won’t be all that deep, and they certainly won’t be projected to be a top ten team as they were this season.
Tears won’t stop falling. I enjoyed every moment here. I still love you guys, no matter how you may feel towards me. Thank y’all !
— Rodney Purvis (@rpurvis_0) April 1, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)