Apr 1, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
The newest member of the soon-to-be-renamed Big East Conference will announce their move tomorrow.
CBSSports.com’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Tulsa will be officially letting everyone know what they already know, that the Golden Hurricane is headed to the conference later this year.
The new/old Big East is fast becoming the new Conference USA, but that’s old news. It’s joining others that are on the same playing field, same as it was in C-USA.
From a basketball perspective, Danny Manning just capped his first season as head coach of the Golden Hurricane, finishing 17-16 and falling in the first round of the CBI. Manning has the team going in the right direction, despite a depleted roster from transfers.
Tulsa will join East Carolina as the newest members of the conference.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)