Apr 1, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
The newest member of the soon-to-be-renamed Big East Conference will announce their move tomorrow.
CBSSports.com’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Tulsa will be officially letting everyone know what they already know, that the Golden Hurricane is headed to the conference later this year.
The new/old Big East is fast becoming the new Conference USA, but that’s old news. It’s joining others that are on the same playing field, same as it was in C-USA.
From a basketball perspective, Danny Manning just capped his first season as head coach of the Golden Hurricane, finishing 17-16 and falling in the first round of the CBI. Manning has the team going in the right direction, despite a depleted roster from transfers.
Tulsa will join East Carolina as the newest members of the conference.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)