Apr 1, 2013, 8:50 PM EST
The newest member of the soon-to-be-renamed Big East Conference will announce their move tomorrow.
CBSSports.com’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Tulsa will be officially letting everyone know what they already know, that the Golden Hurricane is headed to the conference later this year.
The new/old Big East is fast becoming the new Conference USA, but that’s old news. It’s joining others that are on the same playing field, same as it was in C-USA.
From a basketball perspective, Danny Manning just capped his first season as head coach of the Golden Hurricane, finishing 17-16 and falling in the first round of the CBI. Manning has the team going in the right direction, despite a depleted roster from transfers.
Tulsa will join East Carolina as the newest members of the conference.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)