Apr 1, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
The newest member of the soon-to-be-renamed Big East Conference will announce their move tomorrow.
CBSSports.com’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Tulsa will be officially letting everyone know what they already know, that the Golden Hurricane is headed to the conference later this year.
The new/old Big East is fast becoming the new Conference USA, but that’s old news. It’s joining others that are on the same playing field, same as it was in C-USA.
From a basketball perspective, Danny Manning just capped his first season as head coach of the Golden Hurricane, finishing 17-16 and falling in the first round of the CBI. Manning has the team going in the right direction, despite a depleted roster from transfers.
Tulsa will join East Carolina as the newest members of the conference.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)