Apr 1, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
The newest member of the soon-to-be-renamed Big East Conference will announce their move tomorrow.
CBSSports.com’s Jeremy Fowler reports that Tulsa will be officially letting everyone know what they already know, that the Golden Hurricane is headed to the conference later this year.
The new/old Big East is fast becoming the new Conference USA, but that’s old news. It’s joining others that are on the same playing field, same as it was in C-USA.
From a basketball perspective, Danny Manning just capped his first season as head coach of the Golden Hurricane, finishing 17-16 and falling in the first round of the CBI. Manning has the team going in the right direction, despite a depleted roster from transfers.
Tulsa will join East Carolina as the newest members of the conference.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)