Apr 2, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Sean Miller has added another piece to an already loaded roster for 2013, as Aaron Gordon, a top five talent and the most athletic player in the Class of 2013, committed to Arizona this afternoon.
“I hope Tucson is celebrating because I’m about to be an Arizona Wildcat,” the 6-foot-9 forward said at a press conference on Tuesday. Gordon picked the Wildcats over Oregon, Washington and Kentucky. You can browse through his Rivals profile here.
Gordon joins a recruiting class that already includes fellow McDonalds All-American Rondae Jefferson, a 6-foot-7 playmaker at the small forward spot, and four-star shooting guard Elliot Pitts. What’s more impressive, however, is the roster that Gordon will be joining at Arizona.
Solomon Hill, Kevin Parrom and Mark Lyons will all be graduating, which will not only be a blow to Arizona’s perimeter attack, but it will take a toll on the leadership on that team. Hill and Parrom, in particular, were veterans that have been through it all with the Wildcats.
But seniors may end up being the only think Sean Miller is missing next season.
His back court is impressive, with Duquesne transfer TJ McConnell, one of the most underrated point guards in the country as a sophomore, will be ready to start after sitting out last season as a transfer, and he’ll be joined by junior Nick Johnson, sophomore Gabe York, senior Jordin Mayes and Pitts in the back court.
It’s scarier up front. Gordon and Jefferson will join a group that already includes Kaleb Tarczewski, Grant Jerrett, Brandon Ashley and Angelo Chol.
That’s a ridiculous amount of talent.
Arizona will be in the conversation with Kentucky and Duke as the preseason No. 1 team in the country next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)