Apr 2, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
Sean Miller has added another piece to an already loaded roster for 2013, as Aaron Gordon, a top five talent and the most athletic player in the Class of 2013, committed to Arizona this afternoon.
“I hope Tucson is celebrating because I’m about to be an Arizona Wildcat,” the 6-foot-9 forward said at a press conference on Tuesday. Gordon picked the Wildcats over Oregon, Washington and Kentucky. You can browse through his Rivals profile here.
Gordon joins a recruiting class that already includes fellow McDonalds All-American Rondae Jefferson, a 6-foot-7 playmaker at the small forward spot, and four-star shooting guard Elliot Pitts. What’s more impressive, however, is the roster that Gordon will be joining at Arizona.
Solomon Hill, Kevin Parrom and Mark Lyons will all be graduating, which will not only be a blow to Arizona’s perimeter attack, but it will take a toll on the leadership on that team. Hill and Parrom, in particular, were veterans that have been through it all with the Wildcats.
But seniors may end up being the only think Sean Miller is missing next season.
His back court is impressive, with Duquesne transfer TJ McConnell, one of the most underrated point guards in the country as a sophomore, will be ready to start after sitting out last season as a transfer, and he’ll be joined by junior Nick Johnson, sophomore Gabe York, senior Jordin Mayes and Pitts in the back court.
It’s scarier up front. Gordon and Jefferson will join a group that already includes Kaleb Tarczewski, Grant Jerrett, Brandon Ashley and Angelo Chol.
That’s a ridiculous amount of talent.
Arizona will be in the conversation with Kentucky and Duke as the preseason No. 1 team in the country next season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 10
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (10)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)