Apr 2, 2013, 5:50 PM EST
Larry Brown has landed a few key transfers during his short time thus far at SMU, but now he has made his first big splash on the recruiting trail.
Brown secured a commitment from McDonald’s All-American guard Keith Frazier Tuesday, the high school senior announced via his Twitter page. He chose SMU over Texas Tech and Texas A&M.
The addition of Frazier from the Class of 2013 gives the Mustangs an elite scorer in the backcourt and the fourth member of this recruiting class. He joins Sterling Brown, Ben Moore, and junior college transfer Yanick Moreira.
Frazier will help an offense that was ranked 248th in the country this past season with 64.5 points per game. The Mustangs finished 15-17, including 5-11 in Conference USA.
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)