Apr 2, 2013, 5:50 PM EST
Larry Brown has landed a few key transfers during his short time thus far at SMU, but now he has made his first big splash on the recruiting trail.
Brown secured a commitment from McDonald’s All-American guard Keith Frazier Tuesday, the high school senior announced via his Twitter page. He chose SMU over Texas Tech and Texas A&M.
The addition of Frazier from the Class of 2013 gives the Mustangs an elite scorer in the backcourt and the fourth member of this recruiting class. He joins Sterling Brown, Ben Moore, and junior college transfer Yanick Moreira.
Frazier will help an offense that was ranked 248th in the country this past season with 64.5 points per game. The Mustangs finished 15-17, including 5-11 in Conference USA.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)