Apr 2, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Larry Brown has landed a few key transfers during his short time thus far at SMU, but now he has made his first big splash on the recruiting trail.
Brown secured a commitment from McDonald’s All-American guard Keith Frazier Tuesday, the high school senior announced via his Twitter page. He chose SMU over Texas Tech and Texas A&M.
The addition of Frazier from the Class of 2013 gives the Mustangs an elite scorer in the backcourt and the fourth member of this recruiting class. He joins Sterling Brown, Ben Moore, and junior college transfer Yanick Moreira.
Frazier will help an offense that was ranked 248th in the country this past season with 64.5 points per game. The Mustangs finished 15-17, including 5-11 in Conference USA.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)