Apr 2, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
Larry Brown has landed a few key transfers during his short time thus far at SMU, but now he has made his first big splash on the recruiting trail.
Brown secured a commitment from McDonald’s All-American guard Keith Frazier Tuesday, the high school senior announced via his Twitter page. He chose SMU over Texas Tech and Texas A&M.
The addition of Frazier from the Class of 2013 gives the Mustangs an elite scorer in the backcourt and the fourth member of this recruiting class. He joins Sterling Brown, Ben Moore, and junior college transfer Yanick Moreira.
Frazier will help an offense that was ranked 248th in the country this past season with 64.5 points per game. The Mustangs finished 15-17, including 5-11 in Conference USA.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)