Apr 2, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Missouri got some bad news on Tuesday afternoon as two players have opted to transfer out of the program.
Freshmen Negus Webster-Chan and Dominique Bull will be heading elsewhere to continue their collegiate careers.
Bull was a stretch for head coach Frank Haith. He’s more of a mid-major level player, and probably never would have cracked the rotation with the Tigers.
Webster-Chan, on the other hand, is a versatile and talented 6-foot-7 guard. He’s got a fairly bright future if he lands in the right spot, but it was becoming obvious that Missouri wasn’t the right fit for him. He played a lot of minutes early in the season, but his playing time faded down the stretch of the season after Jabari Brown became eligible.
With Brown and Earnest Ross returning, Tulsa transfer Jordan Clarkson, who may be the most talented guard on the roster, getting eligible and Wes Clark entering the program, it was clear that Webster-Chan was going to be further down on the depth chart, especially if Pressey opts not to enter the NBA draft.
As far as next season is concerned, Missouri is going to have their work cut out for them replacing the front court of Alex Oriakhi and Laurence Bowers. Tony Criswell returns and Stefan Jankovic showed some promise when he was able to get minutes last year, but four-star Memphis product Johnathan Williams III will be asked to shoulder a lot of the load, as will sophomore Ryan Rosburg.
Missouri will have some talent on their roster. It will be interesting to see whether or not they are more successful than they were this season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)