Apr 2, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Missouri got some bad news on Tuesday afternoon as two players have opted to transfer out of the program.
Freshmen Negus Webster-Chan and Dominique Bull will be heading elsewhere to continue their collegiate careers.
Bull was a stretch for head coach Frank Haith. He’s more of a mid-major level player, and probably never would have cracked the rotation with the Tigers.
Webster-Chan, on the other hand, is a versatile and talented 6-foot-7 guard. He’s got a fairly bright future if he lands in the right spot, but it was becoming obvious that Missouri wasn’t the right fit for him. He played a lot of minutes early in the season, but his playing time faded down the stretch of the season after Jabari Brown became eligible.
With Brown and Earnest Ross returning, Tulsa transfer Jordan Clarkson, who may be the most talented guard on the roster, getting eligible and Wes Clark entering the program, it was clear that Webster-Chan was going to be further down on the depth chart, especially if Pressey opts not to enter the NBA draft.
As far as next season is concerned, Missouri is going to have their work cut out for them replacing the front court of Alex Oriakhi and Laurence Bowers. Tony Criswell returns and Stefan Jankovic showed some promise when he was able to get minutes last year, but four-star Memphis product Johnathan Williams III will be asked to shoulder a lot of the load, as will sophomore Ryan Rosburg.
Missouri will have some talent on their roster. It will be interesting to see whether or not they are more successful than they were this season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)