Apr 2, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Sophomore Ricky Tarrant will not be returning to Tulane next season and has decided to transfer to another institution, he announced via his Twitter page on Tuesday.
The 6-2 native of Pleasant Grove, Ala., was the team’s second-leading scorer last season with 15.7 points per game to go along with 3.6 assists and 2.8 rebounds. He reached the 20-point mark 11 times, including 30 points on 9-of-13 shooting in a Feb. 23 win over Rice.
He was a three-star prospect coming out of high school, according to Rivals.com, and was offered a scholarship by a number of mid-majors including Wichita State, Murray State, Cleveland State, and UAB before choosing Tulane.
In addition to Tarrant leaving the program, leading scorer Josh Davis has received his release from the school, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting. Davis was the team’s leading scorer and rebounder last season, averaging a double-double of 17.6 points and 10.7 rebounds per game.
According to Goodman, Davis could return to Tulane, begin a career overseas, or transfer to a high-major program, the last of which is the most likely.
Tulane finished 20-13 this past season and was invited to the CIT, where it lost to Bradley in the second round.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)