Apr 2, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Sophomore Ricky Tarrant will not be returning to Tulane next season and has decided to transfer to another institution, he announced via his Twitter page on Tuesday.
The 6-2 native of Pleasant Grove, Ala., was the team’s second-leading scorer last season with 15.7 points per game to go along with 3.6 assists and 2.8 rebounds. He reached the 20-point mark 11 times, including 30 points on 9-of-13 shooting in a Feb. 23 win over Rice.
He was a three-star prospect coming out of high school, according to Rivals.com, and was offered a scholarship by a number of mid-majors including Wichita State, Murray State, Cleveland State, and UAB before choosing Tulane.
In addition to Tarrant leaving the program, leading scorer Josh Davis has received his release from the school, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting. Davis was the team’s leading scorer and rebounder last season, averaging a double-double of 17.6 points and 10.7 rebounds per game.
According to Goodman, Davis could return to Tulane, begin a career overseas, or transfer to a high-major program, the last of which is the most likely.
Tulane finished 20-13 this past season and was invited to the CIT, where it lost to Bradley in the second round.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)