Apr 2, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Sophomore Ricky Tarrant will not be returning to Tulane next season and has decided to transfer to another institution, he announced via his Twitter page on Tuesday.
The 6-2 native of Pleasant Grove, Ala., was the team’s second-leading scorer last season with 15.7 points per game to go along with 3.6 assists and 2.8 rebounds. He reached the 20-point mark 11 times, including 30 points on 9-of-13 shooting in a Feb. 23 win over Rice.
He was a three-star prospect coming out of high school, according to Rivals.com, and was offered a scholarship by a number of mid-majors including Wichita State, Murray State, Cleveland State, and UAB before choosing Tulane.
In addition to Tarrant leaving the program, leading scorer Josh Davis has received his release from the school, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting. Davis was the team’s leading scorer and rebounder last season, averaging a double-double of 17.6 points and 10.7 rebounds per game.
According to Goodman, Davis could return to Tulane, begin a career overseas, or transfer to a high-major program, the last of which is the most likely.
Tulane finished 20-13 this past season and was invited to the CIT, where it lost to Bradley in the second round.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 10
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)