Apr 2, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Sophomore Ricky Tarrant will not be returning to Tulane next season and has decided to transfer to another institution, he announced via his Twitter page on Tuesday.
The 6-2 native of Pleasant Grove, Ala., was the team’s second-leading scorer last season with 15.7 points per game to go along with 3.6 assists and 2.8 rebounds. He reached the 20-point mark 11 times, including 30 points on 9-of-13 shooting in a Feb. 23 win over Rice.
He was a three-star prospect coming out of high school, according to Rivals.com, and was offered a scholarship by a number of mid-majors including Wichita State, Murray State, Cleveland State, and UAB before choosing Tulane.
In addition to Tarrant leaving the program, leading scorer Josh Davis has received his release from the school, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting. Davis was the team’s leading scorer and rebounder last season, averaging a double-double of 17.6 points and 10.7 rebounds per game.
According to Goodman, Davis could return to Tulane, begin a career overseas, or transfer to a high-major program, the last of which is the most likely.
Tulane finished 20-13 this past season and was invited to the CIT, where it lost to Bradley in the second round.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)