Apr 2, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
Pittsburgh junior Trey Zeigler will transfer after only one season with the school, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
Zeigler played for Pittsburgh head coach Jamie Dixon for one season after transferring to the school from Central Michigan. He was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to play right away with the Panthers after his father, Ernie, was fired as the CMU head coach.
In his one season with Pitt, he averaged 4.4 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. Coming into the year, he was expected to be a major boost to the Panthers’ offensive attack after averaging more than 15 points per game in his two seasons with Central Michigan. His best game of the season came in a Jan. 26 win over DePaul when he scored 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting.
He was suspended for two games in November after being charged with two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence following a stop by Pittsburgh police.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)