Apr 2, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
Pittsburgh junior Trey Zeigler will transfer after only one season with the school, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
Zeigler played for Pittsburgh head coach Jamie Dixon for one season after transferring to the school from Central Michigan. He was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to play right away with the Panthers after his father, Ernie, was fired as the CMU head coach.
In his one season with Pitt, he averaged 4.4 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. Coming into the year, he was expected to be a major boost to the Panthers’ offensive attack after averaging more than 15 points per game in his two seasons with Central Michigan. His best game of the season came in a Jan. 26 win over DePaul when he scored 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting.
He was suspended for two games in November after being charged with two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence following a stop by Pittsburgh police.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)