Apr 2, 2013, 6:37 PM EST
Pittsburgh junior Trey Zeigler will transfer after only one season with the school, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
Zeigler played for Pittsburgh head coach Jamie Dixon for one season after transferring to the school from Central Michigan. He was granted a waiver by the NCAA that allowed him to play right away with the Panthers after his father, Ernie, was fired as the CMU head coach.
In his one season with Pitt, he averaged 4.4 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. Coming into the year, he was expected to be a major boost to the Panthers’ offensive attack after averaging more than 15 points per game in his two seasons with Central Michigan. His best game of the season came in a Jan. 26 win over DePaul when he scored 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting.
He was suspended for two games in November after being charged with two misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence following a stop by Pittsburgh police.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)