Apr 3, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Head coach Jeff Jones will leave American University and take over in the same capacity at Old Dominion, David Teel of the Daily Press is reporting.
According to the report, the hire will be formally announced at a press conference on Thursday.
Jones has spent the last 13 seasons at American, amassing an overall record of 212-182. He helped the Eagles to four 20-win seasons in the past six, despite a 10-20 record this past season. American made back-to-back NCAA tournament appearances in 2007-08 and 2008-09. The 07-08 appearance was the first in the school’s history.
Jones is a graduate of Virginia and was the point guard for the 1981 Cavalier team that reached the Final Four with star Ralph Sampson. He went on to become the youngest coach in ACC history when he was hired at his alma mater in 1990 at the age of 29.
He will take over for Blaine Taylor, who had been battling personal troubles and was fired midway through the 2012-13 season. He was replaced on an interim basis by assistant Jim Corrigan. Corrigan was in final contention for the full-time position, Teel reports.
Old Dominion finished this past season with an overall record of 5-25, including 3-15 in the CAA.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)