Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
In the wake of head coach Mo Cassara being fired by Hofstra, the Pride announced on Tuesday that three players had decided to leave the program.
DaQuan Brown, who averaged just 2.7 points last season and was a second team member of the CAA’s all-academic team, will graduate. As will Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, who will be looking to continue his basketball career. Coombs-McDaniel sat out 2011-2012 after transferring from UConn, but missed all of the 2012-2013 season with an injury. He was arrested for possession of weed back in March.
The third player leaving the program is Taran Buie. He was given his release after averaging 12.4 points and 3.6 rebounds as a sophomore. He sat out 2011-2012 after transferring in from Penn State.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)