Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
In the wake of head coach Mo Cassara being fired by Hofstra, the Pride announced on Tuesday that three players had decided to leave the program.
DaQuan Brown, who averaged just 2.7 points last season and was a second team member of the CAA’s all-academic team, will graduate. As will Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, who will be looking to continue his basketball career. Coombs-McDaniel sat out 2011-2012 after transferring from UConn, but missed all of the 2012-2013 season with an injury. He was arrested for possession of weed back in March.
The third player leaving the program is Taran Buie. He was given his release after averaging 12.4 points and 3.6 rebounds as a sophomore. He sat out 2011-2012 after transferring in from Penn State.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)