Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
In the wake of head coach Mo Cassara being fired by Hofstra, the Pride announced on Tuesday that three players had decided to leave the program.
DaQuan Brown, who averaged just 2.7 points last season and was a second team member of the CAA’s all-academic team, will graduate. As will Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, who will be looking to continue his basketball career. Coombs-McDaniel sat out 2011-2012 after transferring from UConn, but missed all of the 2012-2013 season with an injury. He was arrested for possession of weed back in March.
The third player leaving the program is Taran Buie. He was given his release after averaging 12.4 points and 3.6 rebounds as a sophomore. He sat out 2011-2012 after transferring in from Penn State.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)