Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
In the wake of head coach Mo Cassara being fired by Hofstra, the Pride announced on Tuesday that three players had decided to leave the program.
DaQuan Brown, who averaged just 2.7 points last season and was a second team member of the CAA’s all-academic team, will graduate. As will Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, who will be looking to continue his basketball career. Coombs-McDaniel sat out 2011-2012 after transferring from UConn, but missed all of the 2012-2013 season with an injury. He was arrested for possession of weed back in March.
The third player leaving the program is Taran Buie. He was given his release after averaging 12.4 points and 3.6 rebounds as a sophomore. He sat out 2011-2012 after transferring in from Penn State.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)