Apr 3, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
In the wake of head coach Mo Cassara being fired by Hofstra, the Pride announced on Tuesday that three players had decided to leave the program.
DaQuan Brown, who averaged just 2.7 points last season and was a second team member of the CAA’s all-academic team, will graduate. As will Jamal Coombs-McDaniel, who will be looking to continue his basketball career. Coombs-McDaniel sat out 2011-2012 after transferring from UConn, but missed all of the 2012-2013 season with an injury. He was arrested for possession of weed back in March.
The third player leaving the program is Taran Buie. He was given his release after averaging 12.4 points and 3.6 rebounds as a sophomore. He sat out 2011-2012 after transferring in from Penn State.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Perimeter shot selection will be key for Louisville moving forward 0
- Tyler Ulis proves he’s Kentucky’s best point guard in 58-50 win over Louisville 3
- Film Session: Louisville-Kentucky will be a Tale of Two (Different) Defenses 1
- WCC Midseason Catchup: No. 8 Gonzaga leads the way 0
- The top 15 most improved players in college basketball 3
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 2
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- POSTERIZED: Don’t jump with Loyola Marymount’s Evan Payne like Ron Baker did (VIDEO) (3)
- Pregame Shootaround: Six Top 15 teams in action tonight (3)
- Rashard Kelly’s last-second putback gives No. 11 Wichita State an 80-79 overtime win over Hawaii (3)
- Jim Boeheim makes fun of his team … again (3)