Apr 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to a report from Evan Daniels, Illinois transfer Mike Shaw is headed to Bradley.
Shaw, a former top 100 recruit, decided to leave Illinois due to a lack of playing time.
“At the end of the day, I’m trying to play,” Shaw told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “I came to college to get an education and play basketball. It wasn’t looking too good here to play and get as much playing time as I thought I would.”
Shaw, who was recruited to Illinois by Bruce Weber, will have two years of eligibility remaining after redshirting 2013-2014, unless he can somehow manage to get a waiver from the NCAA to play immediately.
(Image via Mike Shaw’s twitter)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)