Apr 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to a report from Evan Daniels, Illinois transfer Mike Shaw is headed to Bradley.
Shaw, a former top 100 recruit, decided to leave Illinois due to a lack of playing time.
“At the end of the day, I’m trying to play,” Shaw told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “I came to college to get an education and play basketball. It wasn’t looking too good here to play and get as much playing time as I thought I would.”
Shaw, who was recruited to Illinois by Bruce Weber, will have two years of eligibility remaining after redshirting 2013-2014, unless he can somehow manage to get a waiver from the NCAA to play immediately.
(Image via Mike Shaw’s twitter)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)