Apr 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to a report from Evan Daniels, Illinois transfer Mike Shaw is headed to Bradley.
Shaw, a former top 100 recruit, decided to leave Illinois due to a lack of playing time.
“At the end of the day, I’m trying to play,” Shaw told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “I came to college to get an education and play basketball. It wasn’t looking too good here to play and get as much playing time as I thought I would.”
Shaw, who was recruited to Illinois by Bruce Weber, will have two years of eligibility remaining after redshirting 2013-2014, unless he can somehow manage to get a waiver from the NCAA to play immediately.
(Image via Mike Shaw’s twitter)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 2
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)