Apr 3, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Freshman guard Anrio Adams will be transferring out of the Kansas program, according to his twitter feed:
I’m transferring to another school and will be getting released Tomorrow…. I love this team no matter what !!! I’ve learned a lot here!!
— AnrioAdams (@WarLordRio) April 3, 2013
Bill Self confirmed the news.
Adams struggled to crack the rotation this season, as he averaged just 3.5 minutes in 24 games. A borderline top 100 recruit from the Seattle area, Adams saw the writing on the wall with Bill Self bringing in a pair of point guards — Frank Mason and top 100 recruit Connor Frankamp — along with wings Brannen Greene and Wayne Selden. He also still has junior Naadir Tharpe and sophomore Andrew White on the depth chart in front of him.
Adams has some talent. Hopefully he lands somewhere that he can showcase it.
And hopefully he keeps on dancing:
It gets better:
But this is the best:
I know I can speak for everyone at CBT when I say that we’re going to miss you and your hilarious sideline antics, Rio.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)