Apr 3, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Freshman guard Anrio Adams will be transferring out of the Kansas program, according to his twitter feed:
I’m transferring to another school and will be getting released Tomorrow…. I love this team no matter what !!! I’ve learned a lot here!!
— AnrioAdams (@WarLordRio) April 3, 2013
Bill Self confirmed the news.
Adams struggled to crack the rotation this season, as he averaged just 3.5 minutes in 24 games. A borderline top 100 recruit from the Seattle area, Adams saw the writing on the wall with Bill Self bringing in a pair of point guards — Frank Mason and top 100 recruit Connor Frankamp — along with wings Brannen Greene and Wayne Selden. He also still has junior Naadir Tharpe and sophomore Andrew White on the depth chart in front of him.
Adams has some talent. Hopefully he lands somewhere that he can showcase it.
And hopefully he keeps on dancing:
It gets better:
But this is the best:
I know I can speak for everyone at CBT when I say that we’re going to miss you and your hilarious sideline antics, Rio.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)