Apr 3, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Freshman guard Anrio Adams will be transferring out of the Kansas program, according to his twitter feed:
I’m transferring to another school and will be getting released Tomorrow…. I love this team no matter what !!! I’ve learned a lot here!!
— AnrioAdams (@WarLordRio) April 3, 2013
Bill Self confirmed the news.
Adams struggled to crack the rotation this season, as he averaged just 3.5 minutes in 24 games. A borderline top 100 recruit from the Seattle area, Adams saw the writing on the wall with Bill Self bringing in a pair of point guards — Frank Mason and top 100 recruit Connor Frankamp — along with wings Brannen Greene and Wayne Selden. He also still has junior Naadir Tharpe and sophomore Andrew White on the depth chart in front of him.
Adams has some talent. Hopefully he lands somewhere that he can showcase it.
And hopefully he keeps on dancing:
It gets better:
But this is the best:
I know I can speak for everyone at CBT when I say that we’re going to miss you and your hilarious sideline antics, Rio.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 0
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 3
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 6
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)