Apr 3, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Freshman guard Anrio Adams will be transferring out of the Kansas program, according to his twitter feed:
I’m transferring to another school and will be getting released Tomorrow…. I love this team no matter what !!! I’ve learned a lot here!!
— AnrioAdams (@WarLordRio) April 3, 2013
Bill Self confirmed the news.
Adams struggled to crack the rotation this season, as he averaged just 3.5 minutes in 24 games. A borderline top 100 recruit from the Seattle area, Adams saw the writing on the wall with Bill Self bringing in a pair of point guards — Frank Mason and top 100 recruit Connor Frankamp — along with wings Brannen Greene and Wayne Selden. He also still has junior Naadir Tharpe and sophomore Andrew White on the depth chart in front of him.
Adams has some talent. Hopefully he lands somewhere that he can showcase it.
And hopefully he keeps on dancing:
It gets better:
But this is the best:
I know I can speak for everyone at CBT when I say that we’re going to miss you and your hilarious sideline antics, Rio.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)