Apr 3, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Freshman guard Anrio Adams will be transferring out of the Kansas program, according to his twitter feed:
I’m transferring to another school and will be getting released Tomorrow…. I love this team no matter what !!! I’ve learned a lot here!!
— AnrioAdams (@WarLordRio) April 3, 2013
Bill Self confirmed the news.
Adams struggled to crack the rotation this season, as he averaged just 3.5 minutes in 24 games. A borderline top 100 recruit from the Seattle area, Adams saw the writing on the wall with Bill Self bringing in a pair of point guards — Frank Mason and top 100 recruit Connor Frankamp — along with wings Brannen Greene and Wayne Selden. He also still has junior Naadir Tharpe and sophomore Andrew White on the depth chart in front of him.
Adams has some talent. Hopefully he lands somewhere that he can showcase it.
And hopefully he keeps on dancing:
It gets better:
But this is the best:
I know I can speak for everyone at CBT when I say that we’re going to miss you and your hilarious sideline antics, Rio.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 1
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)