Apr 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That right there is video of Akeem Richmond (at the 1:15 mark) hitting a three at the buzzer to give East Carolina the championship of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament, beating Weber State 77-74 in Ogden, UT.
The Pirates blew a seven point halftime lead and found themselves down 71-65 with just under three minutes left, but they used a 9-3 run to set up Richmond’s shot. Weber State’s 9-19 performance from the charity stripe — including a missed free throw with 17 seconds left — played a major role in that comeback.
Miguel Paul led the way with 23 points for the Pirates, while Maurice Kemp chipped in with 20. Scott Bamforth had 19 for the Wildcats, who lost their first game at home since Dec. 15th. Their winning streak in Ogden reached 14 games.
ECU finished the season 23-12, a school-record for wins for the program.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)