Apr 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That right there is video of Akeem Richmond (at the 1:15 mark) hitting a three at the buzzer to give East Carolina the championship of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament, beating Weber State 77-74 in Ogden, UT.
The Pirates blew a seven point halftime lead and found themselves down 71-65 with just under three minutes left, but they used a 9-3 run to set up Richmond’s shot. Weber State’s 9-19 performance from the charity stripe — including a missed free throw with 17 seconds left — played a major role in that comeback.
Miguel Paul led the way with 23 points for the Pirates, while Maurice Kemp chipped in with 20. Scott Bamforth had 19 for the Wildcats, who lost their first game at home since Dec. 15th. Their winning streak in Ogden reached 14 games.
ECU finished the season 23-12, a school-record for wins for the program.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)