Apr 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
That right there is video of Akeem Richmond (at the 1:15 mark) hitting a three at the buzzer to give East Carolina the championship of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament, beating Weber State 77-74 in Ogden, UT.
The Pirates blew a seven point halftime lead and found themselves down 71-65 with just under three minutes left, but they used a 9-3 run to set up Richmond’s shot. Weber State’s 9-19 performance from the charity stripe — including a missed free throw with 17 seconds left — played a major role in that comeback.
Miguel Paul led the way with 23 points for the Pirates, while Maurice Kemp chipped in with 20. Scott Bamforth had 19 for the Wildcats, who lost their first game at home since Dec. 15th. Their winning streak in Ogden reached 14 games.
ECU finished the season 23-12, a school-record for wins for the program.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)