Apr 3, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
That right there is video of Akeem Richmond (at the 1:15 mark) hitting a three at the buzzer to give East Carolina the championship of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament, beating Weber State 77-74 in Ogden, UT.
The Pirates blew a seven point halftime lead and found themselves down 71-65 with just under three minutes left, but they used a 9-3 run to set up Richmond’s shot. Weber State’s 9-19 performance from the charity stripe — including a missed free throw with 17 seconds left — played a major role in that comeback.
Miguel Paul led the way with 23 points for the Pirates, while Maurice Kemp chipped in with 20. Scott Bamforth had 19 for the Wildcats, who lost their first game at home since Dec. 15th. Their winning streak in Ogden reached 14 games.
ECU finished the season 23-12, a school-record for wins for the program.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)