Apr 4, 2013, 12:03 AM EST
Aaron Gordon capped off an eventful week in the best way a high school star could hope for, scoring 24 points and grabbing eight rebounds on his way to winning the MVP away at the McDonald’s All-American Game in Chicago, Ill., Wednesday. His West team defeated the East, 110-99.
Gordon committed to coach Sean Miller and Arizona earlier in the week in a press conference announcement at the event. He joins a recruiting class that includes fellow McDonald’s All-American Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Top 100 guard Elliott Pitts.
The game was also billed as the first national peek for many at Andrew Wiggins, considered the best prep player in the nation. Wiggins had 19 points for the East and remains uncommitted to a school. He is considering Kentucky, Kansas, Florida State, and North Carolina.
The player who was ranked No. 1 in the nation prior to Wiggins’ reclassification was Jabari Parker, another All-American. Parker finished with 10 points and eight rebounds to help the West to a win. He is committed to play for Duke next season.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)