Apr 4, 2013, 12:03 AM EDT
Aaron Gordon capped off an eventful week in the best way a high school star could hope for, scoring 24 points and grabbing eight rebounds on his way to winning the MVP away at the McDonald’s All-American Game in Chicago, Ill., Wednesday. His West team defeated the East, 110-99.
Gordon committed to coach Sean Miller and Arizona earlier in the week in a press conference announcement at the event. He joins a recruiting class that includes fellow McDonald’s All-American Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Top 100 guard Elliott Pitts.
The game was also billed as the first national peek for many at Andrew Wiggins, considered the best prep player in the nation. Wiggins had 19 points for the East and remains uncommitted to a school. He is considering Kentucky, Kansas, Florida State, and North Carolina.
The player who was ranked No. 1 in the nation prior to Wiggins’ reclassification was Jabari Parker, another All-American. Parker finished with 10 points and eight rebounds to help the West to a win. He is committed to play for Duke next season.
Aug 4, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Cheick Diallo was rated as the fifth-best player in the Class of 2015.
Aug 4, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Jarvis Johnson was not cleared to play at Minnesota back in mid-June.
Aug 4, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
The four-star point guard cut his list in half on Tuesday night.
Aug 4, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
The games will be played August 11-16.
Aug 4, 2015, 5:24 PM EDT
The lawsuit stems from an alleged incident back in March of 2014.
Aug 4, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The 6-foot-9 power forward becomes the third four-star recruit in the Class of 2016 to commit to the Cavaliers.
Aug 4, 2015, 3:01 PM EDT
Both teams will be ranked in the preseason top 15 this season.
Aug 4, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
Xavier Stapleton is sitting out this season after transferring from Louisiana Tech.
Aug 4, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The Miners have a lot to replace next season.
Aug 4, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
West is one of the best mid-major players in the country.
Aug 4, 2015, 11:08 AM EDT
Those are some serious hops.
Aug 4, 2015, 10:03 AM EDT
This kid isn’t even a sophomore yet.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
There are two glaring weaknesses to Kris Dunn’s game. Here’s how he’s gone about trying to fix them this summer.
Aug 3, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
A cool documentary-style approach to the Under Armour Association in preparation for the Elite 24.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Nebraska is hoping a four-game trip in Spain helps with their freshmen.
Aug 3, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Baylor is losing a reserve forward to transfer.
Aug 3, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Mamadi Diakite, a four-star forward, could decide between three schools soon, per a report.
Aug 3, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Tony Carr is a four-star point guard that picked Penn State over Maryland, SMU and Providence.
Aug 3, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
The investigation was conducted by an outside law firm and paid for by the university.
Aug 3, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
Alkins might be the best player from New York City since Lance Stephenson.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)