Apr 4, 2013, 12:03 AM EST
Aaron Gordon capped off an eventful week in the best way a high school star could hope for, scoring 24 points and grabbing eight rebounds on his way to winning the MVP away at the McDonald’s All-American Game in Chicago, Ill., Wednesday. His West team defeated the East, 110-99.
Gordon committed to coach Sean Miller and Arizona earlier in the week in a press conference announcement at the event. He joins a recruiting class that includes fellow McDonald’s All-American Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Top 100 guard Elliott Pitts.
The game was also billed as the first national peek for many at Andrew Wiggins, considered the best prep player in the nation. Wiggins had 19 points for the East and remains uncommitted to a school. He is considering Kentucky, Kansas, Florida State, and North Carolina.
The player who was ranked No. 1 in the nation prior to Wiggins’ reclassification was Jabari Parker, another All-American. Parker finished with 10 points and eight rebounds to help the West to a win. He is committed to play for Duke next season.
Bradley’s leading scorer one of three players facing disciplinary action following incident Thursday morning
Jan 29, 2015, 6:57 PM EST
Warren Jones is averaging a team-best 13.8 points per game for Bradley, which has lost six of its last seven games.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:46 PM EST
Leland King led Brown in scoring and was also tied for the team lead in rebounds per game.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:42 PM EST
Rasheed Sulaimon played 12 minutes in the Blue Devils’ loss at No. 8 Notre Dame Wednesday night.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:15 PM EST
The Eastern Washington guard has received more attention nationally in recent weeks, and it’s well-deserved.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:28 PM EST
At the very least, he’s the most valuable player in the country.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
Donnie Tyndall’s trail of destruction in Hattiesburg continues to grow.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:09 PM EST
Melo Trimble vs. D’Angelo Russell will be worth the two hours.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:49 AM EST
That hashtag, though.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:14 AM EST
It looks like T.J.’s got jokes.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:04 AM EST
Cottrill was once ranked above Shabazz Napier and Aaron Craft, among many others.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Rysheed Jordan averages 13.4 points.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:14 AM EST
I love this move.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:24 PM EST
Rhode Island moved to 14-5 overall and 6-2 in Atlantic 10 play with the win over Fordham.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:52 PM EST
The Huskies will be short one perimeter option when they take on Cincinnati Thursday night.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
Jerian Grant was the headliner for the Fighting Irish, but he had plenty of help as they erased a ten-point second half deficit.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:37 PM EST
The night is only getting started.
Jan 28, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
Nine uncommitted players, with Duke and (get this) LSU leading the way with two each.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:54 PM EST
The year of Maryland’s lone national title (2002) and the program’s former home can be seen in the graphics on this special shoe.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Johnson was considering some other high major programs.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:27 PM EST
Can you guess who those two are?
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 6
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 1
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)