Apr 4, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
According to multiple reports, Memphis sophomore Adonis Thomas is heading to the NBA.
Thomas was a McDonald’s all-american in high school, but he didn’t live up to those expectations. As a sophomore this season, Thomas averaged 11.7 points and 4.5 boards. He’s projected as a second round pick.
Thomas may not be the only current Tiger that ends up leaving the program this offseason, as Tarik Black is also considering transferring. The good news? Pastner will once again bring in a loaded recruiting class. Five top 100 recruits, headlined by five-star Austin Nichols and talented wings Nick King and Kuran Iverson, should help ease any roster attrition.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)