Apr 4, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
According to multiple reports, Memphis sophomore Adonis Thomas is heading to the NBA.
Thomas was a McDonald’s all-american in high school, but he didn’t live up to those expectations. As a sophomore this season, Thomas averaged 11.7 points and 4.5 boards. He’s projected as a second round pick.
Thomas may not be the only current Tiger that ends up leaving the program this offseason, as Tarik Black is also considering transferring. The good news? Pastner will once again bring in a loaded recruiting class. Five top 100 recruits, headlined by five-star Austin Nichols and talented wings Nick King and Kuran Iverson, should help ease any roster attrition.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)