Apr 4, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
According to multiple reports, Memphis sophomore Adonis Thomas is heading to the NBA.
Thomas was a McDonald’s all-american in high school, but he didn’t live up to those expectations. As a sophomore this season, Thomas averaged 11.7 points and 4.5 boards. He’s projected as a second round pick.
Thomas may not be the only current Tiger that ends up leaving the program this offseason, as Tarik Black is also considering transferring. The good news? Pastner will once again bring in a loaded recruiting class. Five top 100 recruits, headlined by five-star Austin Nichols and talented wings Nick King and Kuran Iverson, should help ease any roster attrition.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)