Apr 4, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
The CBT Podcast is here to finish off the 2012-2013 NCAA college basketball season in style. Raphielle Johnson joins Troy Machir (Me) to discuss a busy week of news and notes from the college basketball world.
The release of the video tapes documenting Mike Rice’s disturbing practice behavior and his subsequent firing from Rutgers is the week’s top story, and the podcast can’t get off the ground without discussing where we draw the line and if Rice is the only one who deserved to lose his job.
But we’ve also got a lot of transfers and transactions to take care of. UCLA, USC and Minnesota finally filled their head coaching vacancies each one more intriguing than the next. On top of that, some players have begun the early entry process, while others have decided that a change in scenery is in order.
Once we get all that out-of-the-way, we still have the Final Four to discuss. Can Wichita State shock the world? Can Louisville be stopped? Will Syracuse’s 2-3 baffle yet another foe? We tackle this and more in the latest installment of the CBT Podcast.
Mobile Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode 13
You can contact Troy Machir on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)