Apr 4, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
Four dunks. Four perfect scores.
Detroit small forward Doug Anderson entered Thursday’s State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships with quite the reputation when it comes to finishing above the rim, and he certainly did not disappoint at McCamish Pavilion in Atlanta.
Anderson received a perfect score on each of his dunks, the last of which being a between the legs reverse 360 similar to what 2013 phenom Andrew Wiggins pulled off in Monday’s McDonald’s All America Game dunk contest.
Anderson knocked off Arizona State’s Carrick Felix in the finals, with La Salle’s Ramon Galloway and USC’s Renaldo Woolridge being eliminated following the semifinal round.
You can watch each of Anderson’s four dunks here.
VCU’s Troy Daniels needed a tiebreaker to get out of the first round of the three-point contest but the sharpshooter caught fire from that point forward, winning the competition with 23 points in both the semifinals and finals.
Daniels went on to beat the champion of the women’s three-point competition, Indiana’s Aulani Sinclair, in the annual matchup of the winners of the two contests.
But this night belongs to Anderson, who put on a show that came as no surprise to those who have watched him dunk throughout his collegiate career (44% of this field goals this season were dunks).
Photo credit: University of Detroit Mercy Athletics
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 4
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 4
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)