Apr 4, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
Four dunks. Four perfect scores.
Detroit small forward Doug Anderson entered Thursday’s State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships with quite the reputation when it comes to finishing above the rim, and he certainly did not disappoint at McCamish Pavilion in Atlanta.
Anderson received a perfect score on each of his dunks, the last of which being a between the legs reverse 360 similar to what 2013 phenom Andrew Wiggins pulled off in Monday’s McDonald’s All America Game dunk contest.
Anderson knocked off Arizona State’s Carrick Felix in the finals, with La Salle’s Ramon Galloway and USC’s Renaldo Woolridge being eliminated following the semifinal round.
You can watch each of Anderson’s four dunks here.
VCU’s Troy Daniels needed a tiebreaker to get out of the first round of the three-point contest but the sharpshooter caught fire from that point forward, winning the competition with 23 points in both the semifinals and finals.
Daniels went on to beat the champion of the women’s three-point competition, Indiana’s Aulani Sinclair, in the annual matchup of the winners of the two contests.
But this night belongs to Anderson, who put on a show that came as no surprise to those who have watched him dunk throughout his collegiate career (44% of this field goals this season were dunks).
Photo credit: University of Detroit Mercy Athletics
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)