Apr 4, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
According to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com, Tarik Black is once again considering transferring out of the Memphis program.
“We met last night,” head coach Josh Pastner told Parrish. “He’s going to decide by Tuesday. If he’s back, he’s back. If not, we’ll wish him nothing but the best.”
Black averaged just 8.1 points as a junior, the lowest of his career. He also walked out of a practice and nearly transferred in November. Black’s a talented player with loads of potential, but his career at Memphis has been chock full of under achievement and disappointment.
He is, however, an interesting transfer prospect because he’s on track to graduate in May. What that means is that if Black were to transfer, he would be eligible to play immediately thanks to the graduate transfer rule. If he does leave, there will be a number of suitors in need of a big man knocking on his door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)