Apr 4, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
According to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com, Tarik Black is once again considering transferring out of the Memphis program.
“We met last night,” head coach Josh Pastner told Parrish. “He’s going to decide by Tuesday. If he’s back, he’s back. If not, we’ll wish him nothing but the best.”
Black averaged just 8.1 points as a junior, the lowest of his career. He also walked out of a practice and nearly transferred in November. Black’s a talented player with loads of potential, but his career at Memphis has been chock full of under achievement and disappointment.
He is, however, an interesting transfer prospect because he’s on track to graduate in May. What that means is that if Black were to transfer, he would be eligible to play immediately thanks to the graduate transfer rule. If he does leave, there will be a number of suitors in need of a big man knocking on his door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 0
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)