Apr 4, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
According to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com, Tarik Black is once again considering transferring out of the Memphis program.
“We met last night,” head coach Josh Pastner told Parrish. “He’s going to decide by Tuesday. If he’s back, he’s back. If not, we’ll wish him nothing but the best.”
Black averaged just 8.1 points as a junior, the lowest of his career. He also walked out of a practice and nearly transferred in November. Black’s a talented player with loads of potential, but his career at Memphis has been chock full of under achievement and disappointment.
He is, however, an interesting transfer prospect because he’s on track to graduate in May. What that means is that if Black were to transfer, he would be eligible to play immediately thanks to the graduate transfer rule. If he does leave, there will be a number of suitors in need of a big man knocking on his door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)