Apr 4, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
According to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com, Tarik Black is once again considering transferring out of the Memphis program.
“We met last night,” head coach Josh Pastner told Parrish. “He’s going to decide by Tuesday. If he’s back, he’s back. If not, we’ll wish him nothing but the best.”
Black averaged just 8.1 points as a junior, the lowest of his career. He also walked out of a practice and nearly transferred in November. Black’s a talented player with loads of potential, but his career at Memphis has been chock full of under achievement and disappointment.
He is, however, an interesting transfer prospect because he’s on track to graduate in May. What that means is that if Black were to transfer, he would be eligible to play immediately thanks to the graduate transfer rule. If he does leave, there will be a number of suitors in need of a big man knocking on his door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)