Apr 4, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
According to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com, Tarik Black is once again considering transferring out of the Memphis program.
“We met last night,” head coach Josh Pastner told Parrish. “He’s going to decide by Tuesday. If he’s back, he’s back. If not, we’ll wish him nothing but the best.”
Black averaged just 8.1 points as a junior, the lowest of his career. He also walked out of a practice and nearly transferred in November. Black’s a talented player with loads of potential, but his career at Memphis has been chock full of under achievement and disappointment.
He is, however, an interesting transfer prospect because he’s on track to graduate in May. What that means is that if Black were to transfer, he would be eligible to play immediately thanks to the graduate transfer rule. If he does leave, there will be a number of suitors in need of a big man knocking on his door.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)