Apr 4, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
(CLICK HERE to follow along with who is turning pro and who is returning to school.)
UPDATED 12:32 p.m.: According to Judge, he’s actually going to be returning to school:
I will be coming back to school next year. Thanks for the support tho
— Wally judge (@Judge_me_now) April 4, 2013
It turns out that a head coach isn’t the only ones leaving Rutgers this offseason.
Wally Judge will be entering his name into the NBA Draft, according to a report. Judge is a 6-foot-10 forward and a former McDonald’s All-American. He spent his first two season at Kansas State, where he played for Frank Martin, before transferring out of the program and heading to Rutgers.
The phrase “entering the NBA Draft” is kind of misleading. Judge is ranked the 65th best prospect by Draft Express in the junior class. He’s not exactly a lottery pick, but he does have some potential. He’s long and he’s athletic, but it’s risky to pick a long and athletic player that hasn’t proven the ability to produce despite spending four years in college. Judge averaged 7.1 points and 5.4 boards as a redshirt junior at Rutgers last season.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)