Apr 4, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Danny Kaspar is headed to the Sun Belt.
After leading the Lumberjacks of Stephen F. Austin to a 27-5 record this season, Kaspar will be announced as the new head coach of the Texas State Bobcats this afternoon, according to a report. Kaspar spent the past 13 seasons with SFA, leading them to one NCAA tournament while compiling a record of 219-136.
Kaspar replaces Doug Davalos, who was let go last month. Davalos had a losing record is seven seasons as head coach of the Bobcats.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)