Apr 4, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Danny Kaspar is headed to the Sun Belt.
After leading the Lumberjacks of Stephen F. Austin to a 27-5 record this season, Kaspar will be announced as the new head coach of the Texas State Bobcats this afternoon, according to a report. Kaspar spent the past 13 seasons with SFA, leading them to one NCAA tournament while compiling a record of 219-136.
Kaspar replaces Doug Davalos, who was let go last month. Davalos had a losing record is seven seasons as head coach of the Bobcats.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)