Apr 4, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Danny Kaspar is headed to the Sun Belt.
After leading the Lumberjacks of Stephen F. Austin to a 27-5 record this season, Kaspar will be announced as the new head coach of the Texas State Bobcats this afternoon, according to a report. Kaspar spent the past 13 seasons with SFA, leading them to one NCAA tournament while compiling a record of 219-136.
Kaspar replaces Doug Davalos, who was let go last month. Davalos had a losing record is seven seasons as head coach of the Bobcats.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 1
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 2
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)