Apr 4, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Danny Kaspar is headed to the Sun Belt.
After leading the Lumberjacks of Stephen F. Austin to a 27-5 record this season, Kaspar will be announced as the new head coach of the Texas State Bobcats this afternoon, according to a report. Kaspar spent the past 13 seasons with SFA, leading them to one NCAA tournament while compiling a record of 219-136.
Kaspar replaces Doug Davalos, who was let go last month. Davalos had a losing record is seven seasons as head coach of the Bobcats.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)