Apr 4, 2013, 11:27 AM EST
To follow along with the 2013 Coaching Carousel, click here.
Danny Kaspar is headed to the Sun Belt.
After leading the Lumberjacks of Stephen F. Austin to a 27-5 record this season, Kaspar will be announced as the new head coach of the Texas State Bobcats this afternoon, according to a report. Kaspar spent the past 13 seasons with SFA, leading them to one NCAA tournament while compiling a record of 219-136.
Kaspar replaces Doug Davalos, who was let go last month. Davalos had a losing record is seven seasons as head coach of the Bobcats.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 0
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)