Apr 4, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Perhaps the coolest part about the Kevin Ware story is just how many people reached out to him after he suffered his injury, wishing him well and just sending along their support.
And while tweets from LeBron James and Lil Wayne are something that any young basketball player is going to dream of, the most impressive phone call that Ware got while in the hospital was from First Lady Michelle Obama.
He was on so many painkillers at the time that he doesn’t remember the call.
“I was so drugged, honestly,” Ware told the Today Show, “I don’t even remember.”
Blacking out because you’re too high is rarely something that should be laughed about. But I think we can forgive him here.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)