Apr 4, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Perhaps the coolest part about the Kevin Ware story is just how many people reached out to him after he suffered his injury, wishing him well and just sending along their support.
And while tweets from LeBron James and Lil Wayne are something that any young basketball player is going to dream of, the most impressive phone call that Ware got while in the hospital was from First Lady Michelle Obama.
He was on so many painkillers at the time that he doesn’t remember the call.
“I was so drugged, honestly,” Ware told the Today Show, “I don’t even remember.”
Blacking out because you’re too high is rarely something that should be laughed about. But I think we can forgive him here.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)