Apr 4, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Perhaps the coolest part about the Kevin Ware story is just how many people reached out to him after he suffered his injury, wishing him well and just sending along their support.
And while tweets from LeBron James and Lil Wayne are something that any young basketball player is going to dream of, the most impressive phone call that Ware got while in the hospital was from First Lady Michelle Obama.
He was on so many painkillers at the time that he doesn’t remember the call.
“I was so drugged, honestly,” Ware told the Today Show, “I don’t even remember.”
Blacking out because you’re too high is rarely something that should be laughed about. But I think we can forgive him here.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014 Big Ten Tournament Preview: Can Michigan State turn things around? 0
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)