Apr 4, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
Perhaps the coolest part about the Kevin Ware story is just how many people reached out to him after he suffered his injury, wishing him well and just sending along their support.
And while tweets from LeBron James and Lil Wayne are something that any young basketball player is going to dream of, the most impressive phone call that Ware got while in the hospital was from First Lady Michelle Obama.
He was on so many painkillers at the time that he doesn’t remember the call.
“I was so drugged, honestly,” Ware told the Today Show, “I don’t even remember.”
Blacking out because you’re too high is rarely something that should be laughed about. But I think we can forgive him here.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)