Apr 5, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Rutgers Director of Athletics Tim Pernetti resigned on Friday, two days after Mike Rice was fired as the head basketball coach. Rutgers President Robert Barchi held a press conference on Friday to discussing the events that have occurred since tape of Rice verbally and physically abusing players in practiced surfaced on Tuesday.
Friday’s press conference only raised more questions, as Barchi admitted there was a “failure of process.” In the video above, Michelle Beadle and Dave Briggs discuss who should take blame for the Rutgers men’s basketball scandal.
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)